Le Cerveau (The Brain) Reviews

• Jul 25, 2014

I taped this film on VHS as a kid & I still watch it. Rolling on the floor laughter, luv David Niven always.

• Jan 28, 2014

Strictement pour ceux dont la perspective de passer deux heures avec de tres cabotins Jean-Paul Belmondo et Bourvil, Le Cerveau est une comedie d'action qui s'ecroule assez durement apres une premiere heure vraiment tres drole. C'est vraiment dommage car la musique est excellente, les cascades plutot convaincantes pour l'epoque et les seconds roles (David Niven et Eli Wallach) vraiment bons. Mais c'est beaucoup trop long pour son propre bien.

• Oct 13, 2012

The Brain (1969) I want to see it .

The Brain (1969) I want to see it .

• Jens S Super Reviewer
    May 16, 2012

This French action comedy film from the late 60s has Jean Paul Belmondo and his ditsy aide go for the same train heist as Europe greatest and smartest burglar, David "The brain" Niven. The chaos is complete when an Italian mafiosi (Eli Wallach) and his lascivious little sister enter the scene. The result makes for lots of laughs, lovable characters, chaotic chases, misunderstandings and a fun heist scene. Overall fun, entertaining and original.

• Aug 08, 2009

Absolutely brilliant French comedy from the late sixties. Everything about this movie is perfect: the locations, the music, the feel of the sixties, the plot, and of course the slapstick-style humour. There is not a single moment of dullness in this movie, and the funny scenes, although very silly and often physically impossible, are actually really funny. On several occasions, I was laughing out loud on my own, which doesn't happen a lot when I watch movies (just imagine Belmondo trying to escape from a ferocious feline pet and getting entangled in (telephone) wires on top of a four-poster bed while doing so).

• Apr 24, 2009

David Niven is in my family (: I love this movie (:

David Niven is in my family (: I love this movie (:

• Oct 09, 2008

Saw this once on BBC2 many years ago and remember enjoying it - would love to see it again!

• Sep 23, 2008

Amusant, mais sans plus. Les courses de voitures sont rigolotes, Bebel aussi parfois...

• Sep 22, 2008

Pas toujours très fin, mais globalement agréable. Et il y a Bebel... parfait, comme d'habitude!!!