Only You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Only You Reviews

December 20, 2015
Okay, it's not perfect and it's cheaply made, but this is a nostalgic favourite of mine and I think anyone who enjoyed the 80's/early 90's movies would probably like it.
Andrew McCarthy plays Cliff, a guy who's been dumped on Xmas eve. Drowning his sorrows in a bar, he meets Amanda (Kelly Preston), a beautiful but dumb and shallow woman who has also been dumped. The pair get together and he takes her on the Xmas holiday he'd been planning for his ex.
While there, he meets Claire, played by Helen Hunt. He had previously met her working at the travel agents and they didn't get along, but they get to know each other better and suddenly Cliff has a choice to make.
It's pretty obvious all along, and actually I couldn't stand the blonde bimbo, but it's fun and has some amusing bits. Mostly the cast just work really well.
½ April 17, 2014
I adore Andrew McCarthy and his 80s films but this one lacked interest on my part b/c Andrew's character was dumber and dorkier than usual!
April 22, 2012
I thought the cast played off of each other very well. I thought Helen Hunt was excellent in her role.
May 5, 2011
Not a great film by any means, but it stars Andrew McCarthy and Helen Hunt, so there is some redemptive value. I remembered seeing a bit of this on TV years ago and I always wondered what it was. After much searching I finally discovered the title and had to see it from beginning to end. It's pretty generic, as far as romantic comedies. Kelly Preston absolutely stunk and made it pretty unbearable at times. Some cute, although contrived, moments when the two leads shared the screen.
½ January 7, 2011
I found it on Ebay - bought it - Loved it!
½ July 5, 2009
Very enjoyable movie about life and love. I totally agree with the message that the movie is sending out.
October 10, 2008
Only youuu... can make the darkness bright !
September 9, 2008
Fun, but Helen Hunt makes it serious ..
September 7, 2008
a romantic comedy about a girl looking for his soulmate....
February 23, 2008
A very cute 80's comedy! One of the best!
January 8, 2008
Not bad romantic romp features an aborable cast and some witty dialogue.
January 2, 2008
I loved this movie as a kid! This was before Helen Hunt was so freaking popular and Andrew McCarthy was considered a leading man. Oh, those were the days. Well, this movie is about unrequited love so I enjoy it very much. It's better than "Some Kind of Wonderful." Man, Kelly Preston has aged well. Is it the Scientology?
December 28, 2007
This is watchable. Nothing really stands out about it, so mediocore at best.
½ December 27, 2007
This was a terrible piece of shit.
November 17, 2007
A simple story but that is nicely told. I liked it.
October 4, 2007
This was actually pretty good!

I liked the whole plot line thing, and in general it was a feel good film.
Andrew McCarthy did a great job, but he had lost his 'brat pack' cuteness.
½ September 21, 2007
I remember idolizing Kelly Preston in this when I was younger...Looking back now, she played a complete ditz, so I'm kinda ashamed...not gonna lie.
September 16, 2007
kinda cute...thought it wasn't awesome i'm glad my g/f made me watch it. ;P
August 18, 2007
Have no9t seen it yet but have seen the preview.
July 6, 2007