Only You Reviews

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Dec 20, 2015

Okay, it's not perfect and it's cheaply made, but this is a nostalgic favourite of mine and I think anyone who enjoyed the 80's/early 90's movies would probably like it. Andrew McCarthy plays Cliff, a guy who's been dumped on Xmas eve. Drowning his sorrows in a bar, he meets Amanda (Kelly Preston), a beautiful but dumb and shallow woman who has also been dumped. The pair get together and he takes her on the Xmas holiday he'd been planning for his ex. While there, he meets Claire, played by Helen Hunt. He had previously met her working at the travel agents and they didn't get along, but they get to know each other better and suddenly Cliff has a choice to make. It's pretty obvious all along, and actually I couldn't stand the blonde bimbo, but it's fun and has some amusing bits. Mostly the cast just work really well.

• Apr 17, 2014

I adore Andrew McCarthy and his 80s films but this one lacked interest on my part b/c Andrew's character was dumber and dorkier than usual!

• Apr 22, 2012

I thought the cast played off of each other very well. I thought Helen Hunt was excellent in her role.

• Jul 05, 2009

Very enjoyable movie about life and love. I totally agree with the message that the movie is sending out.

• Oct 10, 2008

Only youuu... can make the darkness bright !

Only youuu... can make the darkness bright !

• Sep 09, 2008

Fun, but Helen Hunt makes it serious ..

Fun, but Helen Hunt makes it serious ..

• Sep 07, 2008

a romantic comedy about a girl looking for his soulmate....

a romantic comedy about a girl looking for his soulmate....

• Feb 23, 2008

A very cute 80's comedy! One of the best!

A very cute 80's comedy! One of the best!

• Dean M Super Reviewer
    Jan 08, 2008

Not bad romantic romp features an aborable cast and some witty dialogue.

Not bad romantic romp features an aborable cast and some witty dialogue.

• Dec 28, 2007

This is watchable. Nothing really stands out about it, so mediocore at best.

This is watchable. Nothing really stands out about it, so mediocore at best.