The Babe Reviews

• Sep 11, 2019

Fantastic movie that reminds me of why I love Baseball.

Fantastic movie that reminds me of why I love Baseball.

• Sep 04, 2018

A great movie and tribute to a legendary baseball player

A great movie and tribute to a legendary baseball player

• Jul 24, 2018

Dumb movie about babe ruth.

Dumb movie about babe ruth.

• Jul 04, 2018

Babe Ruth was a good MLB player I love sports

Babe Ruth was a good MLB player I love sports

• Feb 26, 2018

I really love this film. For someone who knew nothing about Babe Ruth it was probably easier for me to enjoy this film, but I don't really understand why it's not more popular, or why the critics don't like it, because in itself it's still a good film. It may not be accurate but John Goodman is outstanding, and you really get a sense of the period it was set in. From watching the film I have a better idea about Babe Ruth and who he was.

• Feb 06, 2018

Babe Ruth was a good player and if you like baseball then check out this Biography

• Dec 27, 2017

Not great but was an enjoyable portrayal of the first and best rockstar in the history of baseball.

• Jan 04, 2017

All the major moments of Ruthian lore are addressed; often touching

All the major moments of Ruthian lore are addressed; often touching

• Sep 22, 2016

John Goodman is great as Ruth. I just wish it was all true instead of based on real events. It could have been pulled off.

• Apr 23, 2016

John Goodman stars as the baseball legend Babe Ruth. The film documents the beginning of the Babe's start in a religious school, to his retirement. The film portrays Babe for the attributes he was known for which include the drinking, womanizing and generosity to orphans. The scenes which feature him doing this are not too great. The parts of the movie that document his baseball career could be better as well as the significance of some of the games is not evident. The Babe is not a horrible movie, but the great baseball legend deserves a better film.