Wildflower - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wildflower Reviews

½ May 25, 2012
I have this on a dual movie disc. The other movie on the disc is:
* Almost Perfect Bank Robbery (1998) which stars Brooke Shields.
LWOODS04
½ March 18, 2012
Cast: Beau Bridges, Reese Witherspoon, Patricia Arquette, Susan Blakely, William McNamara, Norman Max Maxwell, Collin Wilcox Paxton, Richard K. Olsen

Director: Diane Keaton

Summary: Diane Keaton directs this touching drama about a brother and a sister who befriend Alice, an epileptic forced to live in a barn, and decide to help her discover a kinder, more forgiving world.

My Thoughts: "A sweet, touching, and sometimes harsh film. The way Alice is living and being treated is awful and some of the things her "father" does to her is hard to watch. Patricia Arquette does a fantastic job bringing Alice to life. Watching how everything was brand new for Alice was a joy. Makes you miss the innocence of childhood. Reese Witherspoon shows off her great talent at a young age which shows why she's so great today. The movie is set in the 30's and won't be to everyones style, but I enjoyed it. I didn't even know Diane Keaton had directed a film, so this was a nice surprise. I think she did well. It wasn't great though. I didn't care for the opening scene and how a scene would abruptly stop and change. Besides that, it was a good job on her part. It's a great cast with a great story about how a kind gesture can improve and change a persons life. See it if you get the chance."
February 4, 2012
Good story, but perhaps unnecessarily graphic at times.
November 7, 2010
A touching movie about friendship and love. My all time favourite movie.
½ August 29, 2010
Very sweet and touching. Love the cast, but not the acting. It wasn't horrible, but it was a bit too dramatic.
June 2, 2010
This was a cute movie that I have never heard of before. I enjoyed. It's perfect movie to watch on rainy day.
March 24, 2010
Patricia Arquette's acting as an epilepticc and partly deaf girl was stunning!
Reese Witherspoon was also outstanding as she was only fifteen.
It's a terrific story line and I really felt the main characters pain and sorrows.
May 30, 2009
My all-time-fav movie, the caring and friendship offered by two decent and compassionate sibling teenagers transforms a severely abused and neglected hearing-impaired girl into a beautiful young woman.
March 31, 2009
this movie was one of those that you didnt expect to much from , boy were we wrong . watch it & i promise youll love it ..
January 26, 2009
Great coming of age drama!
September 28, 2008
The story is very good. Parts of it made me cry whenever Patricia Arquette's father locked her up in the shed. Poor thing. It's a movie you're gonna need a box of kleenex to watch it with.
July 27, 2008
good movie. very sad though. Patricia Arquette acted wonderfully in this one.
July 27, 2008
Sweet sweet movie. one of the best
June 24, 2008
Excellent story nd very well acted
½ May 15, 2008
Holy crap Patricia Arquette is good in this movie, so is Reese. This movie really opened up my eyes to how deaf people must think and feel. Patricia is so beautiful in this movie, her acting is fantastic and unless I had never heard or seen from her before I really would have thought she was deaf. How this was not a cinema movie blows my mind.
½ April 17, 2008
Great movie. Really sweet. Skye loved it too! There was only one part we had to fast forward through...
March 18, 2008
Mehhh what was Diane Keaton thinking?
February 27, 2008
in collection..have not seen.
February 26, 2008
Esta pelicula es muy romantica.
February 17, 2008
Yeees, it was hard to get this movie, but worth every minute