Class Act - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Class Act Reviews

½ September 15, 2016
I loved this in the 90s! Forgot how classic it was. Other than the sexuality, which was stereotypically distasteful, it's a good movie.
June 11, 2015
23 years old and I still love this movie!
May 14, 2015
Reading is fundamental.

Duncan is a child prodigy and Blade is a slick cat with a criminal presence and record. Their identities are mixed up when they transfer to the same high school but they both find elements of their new life and surroundings that works for them. They try to play out this strange scenario when a local bullying drug dealer threatens to blow up the entire act.

"You can't find your hearing aid? Get a cup. Put a cup to the phone."

Randall Miller, director of Bottle Shock, Nobel Son, Houseguest, The Sixth Man, A Tale of Two Bunnies, and Till Dad Do Us Part, delivers Class Act. The storyline for this picture is below average and doesn't make much sense or feel very realistic. The lines were cheesy and the acting was even more cheesy. The cast includes Christopher Reed, Christopher Mart, Andre Rosey Brown, Meshach Taylor, Loretta Devine, and Mariann Aalda.

"In Shakespeare to die meant having an orgasm."

I came across this on HBOGO and decided to watch it again for the first time in a long time. I had always remembered this being more fun than good, and I still view it that way. This isn't a waste of time as the story is a bit fun and the wax museum ending is awesome, but the overall film is below average. I would recommend seeing this once.

"You ever wonder about our son's sexual preference?"

Grade: C-
February 26, 2015
Reuses dozens of over-tired sit com antics and situations, Class Act isn't necessarily horrible, but it's derivative beyond forgiveness.
January 19, 2015
kid n play bring da funny
January 16, 2015
classic! always funny
February 24, 2013
this movie is the shit
February 22, 2013
those critics can say what they want about this movie, but it was a good movie. Y'all just couldn't relate to the jokes. When Popsicle was descibing Blade Brown to Wedge in school when he said, " Yabba dabba do, breath smell like doo doo," that saying had me dying laughing. I've watched this movie probably 40 times and still get a killer laugh out of it.
January 22, 2013
quickrate is running out of movies i havent seen...
December 14, 2012
It keeps gettin funnier every single time I see it.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
October 17, 2012
can sumbody send it to me PLZ (:
September 8, 2012
Loved it!!! Really funny
July 10, 2012
Love this movie even though its not a great film
½ May 12, 2012
Poor at best this is pure stupidity in motion. Putting a couple of dummies is not funny, They can not act, sing or perform. This just plain sucked
May 8, 2012
I want see it bc good movie but I like it. they action funny.
April 20, 2012
this is a classic kid amd play movie
March 26, 2012
This was an entertaining comedy starring hip hop duo Kid N Play.
A basic plot where the two getting mistaken for each other, one a nerd and one a tough guy, so they have to team up to help each other succeed. They throw in a sub plot featuring a drug dealer whose lackey keeps getting beat up by friends of Kid N Play.
Both Kid and Play were actually quite funny and they had a good supporting cast with Rhea Pearlman, Doug E. Doug, Karyn Parsons and unfortuneatly Pauly Shore.
Fun to see Kid finally cut his high top fade haircut to mini locks.
March 18, 2012
funny and corny. when kid and play were considered cool. lol