The Student Prince - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Student Prince Reviews

July 19, 2013
I stay in South Africa (Benoni) and I would LOVE to have The Student Prince Dvd (Mario Lanza) 1954. I just DONT know where to get it from. PLEASE HELP?????
March 29, 2012
technicolor musical remake of a 1927 silent
½ February 14, 2012
A musical that fails as an entertainment partly because the main character exudes little charisma and partly because the musical numbers are few and far between lacking any hummable tunes. A major disappointment.
September 2, 2011
lavish musical/costume drama but not really my cup 'o tea.
½ July 2, 2011
Liked this movie showing a free students' life at Uni.
February 20, 2010
Easily one of my favorite musicals and most people never heard of it. I had to special order it on dvd and the transfer isn't very good unfortunately. This really is a wonderful movie and it would be a shame for it to fade into obscurity. Ann Blyth is beautiful and a talented singer but Mario Lanza is the true star of the film who only supplies the singing voice of "Prince Karl". Great performances all around and the older cast are so lovable. This is S.Z. Sakall's last film and I think he had simply a great personality! If you are a big fan of musicals then find it and buy it.
July 13, 2008
This comment might not sound fair to what was honestly a very charming show, but Mario Lanza makes any musical better.
March 9, 2008
awesome romatic great
½ February 27, 2008
It's like a 90s teen movie, but with 19th century Prussian royalty and more unnecessary singing. Which, in case you were wondering, is awesome.
February 8, 2008
My Most Favourite Movie Ever
December 31, 2007
This was a good movie
December 9, 2007
I love the name ann blyth it is so close to an LM Montgomery character
November 20, 2007
I think Ann Blyth's voice caused me to have a brain aneuriysm.
October 20, 2007
I still love this movie
September 28, 2007
it's one of my favorite musical movies.
September 8, 2007
Mario Lanza's singing is fantastic.
½ August 23, 2007
Brilliant movie! Ann Blyth - what a voice. Edmund Purdom good looking, and Mario Lanza's golden voice! Such a sad, but I suppose realistic, ending!
August 22, 2007
I confess, this was one of the movies that roped me into the musical scene.
July 29, 2007
This film cast a giant shadow - it presaged my huge love and appetite for Schultheiss beer in Berlin - and the many years of quasi-oblivion that followed! At least I lasted longer than Lanza!
July 2, 2007
At my house, you don't actually have to watch this movie, Brindy and I can quote the whole thing for you...