Boomerang Reviews

• Aug 18, 2019

Every one of the cast were given a chance to shine, beneath Berry and Murphy's performances, with managed comedy at a decent rate, but the film couldn't be helped due to being uneventful which validates how misguiding the premise swerved. (B-)

• Feb 28, 2019

Pretty good movie... can't believe it took me 25 years to watch it! Not as fun as Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop or Coming to America, but it's pretty good.

• Jan 25, 2019

So cute, so funny. So welll written. 90s Halle Berry was dreamy and just a joy to watch. Eddie Murphy was charming and just EVERYTHING! Like, this whole movie was an all star cast. I laughed out loud throughout and I legit want to watch it again so I get my quotes down because this was quoteable and enjoyable and also opulent!! Loved the 80s spillover to the early 90s with the decor and outfits. Literally wonderful.

• Feb 02, 2018

Its hard to care about anyone in this movie. Slow and lacking laughs

Its hard to care about anyone in this movie. Slow and lacking laughs

• Mar 09, 2017

Five stars hands down! Hilarious, funny, romantic, and riveting! Go see it!

Five stars hands down! Hilarious, funny, romantic, and riveting! Go see it!

• Jan 29, 2017

Certainly not a typical Eddie Murphy film, with him playing the calm and mostly-collected Marcus, with no maniacal moments or outbursts at all! It's basically just a love-triangle with Jacqueline (Givens) & Angela (Berry), with his two friends Gerard (Grier) & Tyler (Lawrence) along for the ride. Nothing really happens, but there is some funny moments with Strangé (Jones) and the Thanksgiving dinner. Not very memorable.

• Jul 25, 2016

the toes gotta be right lol

the toes gotta be right lol

• Apr 05, 2016

O.k., so it's not the best movie in the world BUT there were times that I laughed so hard until I almost cried. A movie with good, silly humor that will keep you entertained.

• Apr 07, 2015

Murphy finds his best work from characters in need,real need.This unfunny front runner is a little to close to Murphy's home me thinks.

• Jun 19, 2014