Live Wire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live Wire Reviews

½ July 26, 2015
Illogical and just plain stupid, Live Wire may be very dumb, but it's audiences will get a laugh out of the film's utter stupidity.
½ April 6, 2015
Brosnan is tailor made for this fun,fast and different thriller.
August 31, 2014
My all time favorite Pierce Brosnan movie. Smart action film with brains and heart.
½ May 4, 2013
It seems really difficult to comment on this movie. My expectations weren't sky high to begin with when I read the plot outline and found it was direct-to-video. The story involves a group of gunrunners/terrorists displeased with the anti-weapon act. In order to prevent the passage of the bill they begin disposing of the senators supporting it in a series of bomb attacks. The explosives itself are the most illogical I have ever seen.The devise is a mixture of some transparent liquids, which explodes, when added to stomach acids. To add fuel to the fire, its operation is never fully explained in the movie. Add continuity problems (a middle of the night suddenly turns into daylight), predictable plot twists, story problems: at first people get blown up for no reason just to hash it up for political problems, and you have a abysmal pop-corn flick. I suppose the movie tried to make up for this with a sex scene, O'Neal's personal issues and explosions.

Brosnan's character works at the bomb diffuser unit, the movie tries to make him more interesting by adding a backstory. This is supposed to explain, why his wife decided to abandon him, but wouldn't a death of a child made their relationship stronger. Instead it acts as an excuse for O'Neal to show up at senator's house. Otherwise he lacks motivation other than his duty. The character is portrayed as constantly jealous, which is reinforced by swearing. I fail to see the point of this movie being so vulgar, I could have come up with tons of better things he could have said, how about a clever one-liner? Brosnan plays it straight, failing to be a MacGyver tough guy like the film wants us to believe . The villains are stock and uninspired, with no motivation. Ben Cross's performance is the true cheese fest.

The only cherry on top of this cake wannabe are the effects, while lacking the state of the art quality, they look passible for the budget available, just wish they cut all the gore out.

Verdict: Skip it ( I mean it)
½ October 12, 2012
"Explosion immédiate"
½ December 28, 2010
i haven't finish to watch it yet, because i got so sleepy in the middle of film
June 19, 2010
I loved this movie. One of my favs.
November 13, 2009
A very entertaining picture that goes by fast. Pierce Brosnan and Ron Silver are great. I just enjoy the explosions the most and the way the film presents itself. It can be funny and sometimes rather violent but it is enjoyable. I enjoyed the soundtrack. Overall, its a fun action movie.
October 8, 2009
cheesy low buget effects.
July 8, 2009
I think this is the WEIRDEST action movie I've ever seen... people drink some kind of liquid and they combust and explode violently... making them a biological
½ July 4, 2009
I caught this film about half way through . Just in time to see (get ready for this ) a clown with liquid nitrogen in his blood stream in a wheelchair get pushed by Peirce into a sovenier stand only to burst into oblivion . That wasnt the whole of it either their were many (4 or more ) slow motion shots of peirce 2 minutes or longer walking down the street fixing his hair . To cap this complete flounder of a film at the end (1 minute to credits )he disarms a bomb while a cop notifies him of his wifes water breaking . The bomb is under some womans butt in a car and he cant help but compliment her on her choice of underwear . Then in slow motion again he jogs off into the sunset . This total clam of a film makes one wonder a number of things mainly did the director actually feel there was an ounce of merrit to this cow patty . I cant help but think Pierce did everything in his power to purchase and destroy any trace of this film , its script anyone who witnessed it and so forth .
½ May 4, 2009
This is a film that had so much potential but fails. I am a Pierce Brosnan fan but even he had nothing to work with on this film. With some cheesy dialouge to some bad action scenes makes this a bad film. Even the story was weak and choppy through out the film. I would only suggest someone watching this if they are a Pierce Brosnan fan.
½ April 23, 2009
It's one of those movies in which an absolutely ludicrous "ultimate weapon" is developed and used, and since the thing's existence is outright impossible, nobody in the movie is able to explain to the viewer how it works. They just say something like "it's a combination of nitro and napalm and...anyway, it's complicated." Yeah, you know the type. A ten-year-old kid could have come up with the story. The thing is, I expect more from adult writers who should know better than this.
½ March 28, 2009
You should watch this.
½ November 21, 2008
If I could have gave this one no stars I would have. Brosnan plays a explosives expert whose personal life is in shambles because she daughter drowned and his wife is doing the grossest thing she can think of-having sex with Ron Silver. He is on the trail of some vaguely European types who make bombs that explode people. Pierce goes for an oscar in this one-he cries like a woman, he is a dick to a security guard, he leers while looking up a woman's dress. Yup, it's his full range of emotions front and center. And it ends with him saving the day, Ron Silver dying (that makes it easy on the wife), him looking up the woman's dress again (this time she was wearing underwear. Nice ones too!) and finding out that his wife's water broke and that they will have another child. Hopefully he will pay attention to this one.
July 3, 2008
Worth watching to catch a glimpse of Pierce Brosnan before he was Bond. The movie is actually better than expected -- a late-night action movie worth staying up to watch.
June 10, 2008
I only watched this for 5 minutes, but in those 5 minutes I saw a man explode AND Pierce Brosnan fuck the shit out of some chick. I'm sure the rest of the movie sucks, but when titties directly follow explosions, you can't say no!
May 12, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 08.05.1997