Consenting Adults - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Consenting Adults Reviews

June 13, 2016
A couple meet their new neighbors and then become amateur swingers. When one of the men sleeps with the other's wife, he is accused of murder after she is found stabbed to death. This could've been a good thriller if not for the disturbing and unsettling subject matter.
March 20, 2016
Oh my god, why do I have to be just a sore loser to this piece of shit? Consenting Adults had some good cast in it like Kevin Kline and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio who you know from The January Man even though the critics hated it except me! There's a scene where it's very quiet and a fight scene that shocked me and all but aside from that it's not a really good film! Kevin Spacey is really good in this film as well however I still think this film isn't very good. Also there are some scenes in this movie where the woman who is singing sort of The Bodyguard starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston so that is similar but for this one I'd say you can definitely skip.
August 23, 2015
Fairly average suburban thriller, you can see the twists coming. Decent time waster though. Spacey is great in it.
April 24, 2015
another winner from director alan j pakula
April 7, 2015
A complicated web of blaaaaaah.
August 4, 2014
Warning:
Women as sexual objects for male consumption
Violence
Blood
August 1, 2014
kind of shocked that this has such a low rating. Great cast. jobobsezcheckitout...
July 17, 2014
Great flick. Loved it.
May 22, 2014
Great cast and promising start, but ultimately this movie is oddly tedious and almost laughably implausible.
½ September 6, 2013
Kevin Spacey se roba el show en este thriller a lo DePalma ( en el guion por lo menos), si bien resulta irregular por lo menos tiene sus momentos.Aceptable
August 18, 2013
Can't remember this at all!
June 16, 2013
Spacey is brilliant and truly evil in this role. The film is well put together and Kline plays a very believable victim. I liked the film overall and I enjoyed watching it a second time.
April 24, 2013
pretty good movie about what person is ready for getting more money. nothing is too dear to sacrifice.
April 2, 2013
Plot suffers from lack of detail. Sequence of events badly needed to be linked better. Overall a waste of a good story despite good acting.
½ December 26, 2012
a not very good thriller. spacey is good though
August 27, 2012
This movie was just not quite as enjoyable as I'd expected it to be. It's got an interesting plot about swingers and a twist where Spacey's wife ends up dead after Kline sleeps with her. A great performance from Spacey, but...check this out...it seems like Kline actually phoned in his performance here. Yes, Kline didn't seem too interested in this and I don't blame him. Not as good as it could have been. Thanks to my mother, as well, for ruining this movie for me before I even watched it.
½ May 13, 2012
A sleek, sexy and solid thriller with good acting. Enough edge to darkness to it to make it engaging and enough eroticism to keep it from devolving into a chick flick.
April 25, 2012
Kevin Spacey is simply psychotic. The fact that there are two Kays, reminds me of Vertigo with the two Madeleines... in the end, he still can't save her; she is the doomed both as a blond and as a brunette. Not worth seeing due to it's unoriginal plot.
½ March 21, 2012
For having good actors (Kline, Spacey, Whitaker), this is a disaster. Any movie that recalls a classic (Hitchcock's "Vertigo") had better be able to live up to the comparison. This doesn't come close.
March 2, 2012
A great movie with an amazing plot and a mind-boggling twist. No supereffects or computerizations though it naturally outdoes these types of movies with Spacey's amazing acting and the twisted intricate details of the plot. A fabulous job.