Rhapsody - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rhapsody Reviews

jjnxn
½ March 21, 2012
Beautiful music, ravishing Elizabeth, pedestrian script.
March 20, 2012
good high gloss soaper but no douglas sirk
½ September 3, 2011
You will LOVE this movie if you like classical music but if you dont then dont bother because you will probably get bored through the musical scenes. I however LOVED it =D
December 31, 2010
Average bit of melodrama. Louis Calhern brightens up the scenes he's in.
May 8, 2010
she loves him, he loves the violin so another loves her, but she loves only his piano playing
½ December 15, 2009
I think this was a good film. While others have complained that the story is mediocre, I found Elizabeth Taylor's subtle eye movements and facial expressions intriguing, and the story changed enough that it kept me wondering what was going to happen next. Vittorio Gassman and John Ericson played their instruments so lifelike you almost thought they were playing them. Louis Calhern provided a sophisticated performance as her distanced dad. In fact, I thought that the music was not as exceptional as the acting, although the selections were chosen to show off the virtuosity of the performers rather than for their beautiful melodies. The actors were impressive in their roles and should have received more awards than they did for their consummate collaboration.
½ September 1, 2009
Great movie. It shows us how melody speaks for itself, how the piano and violin describe the way the players currently feel. Must watch.
January 2, 2008
Elizabeth Taylor does look breathtakingly beautiful is this one - even if the music goes on and on. It helps if you like classical music, but just looking at Elizabeth Taylor is enough. She is truely one of the greatest beauties ever to be captured on film - its almost scary.