The Promise (Face of a Stranger) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Promise (Face of a Stranger) Reviews

November 25, 2014
There is a lot of honesty and truth in what it wants to say, especially in the way it avoids making Marion a one-dimensional villain, but the result is a passable yet sappy love story with good performances but inevitably weakened by its corny dialogue.
November 10, 2014
Think of Love story with a happy ending, and you're there. I've seen a hell of a lot worse.
February 23, 2013
Except for Collins' performance, the acting is terrible. Worse, the story is implausible and ridiculous.
April 24, 2011
Tears in my EYES ... An Endless love Story from 1979 ever ! ... between Rich and POOR but MONEY connot BUY everything ... True LOVE is FOREVER !!! ...
In 1979 one of romance novelist Danielle Steele's best sellers was brought to the screen (and into our hearts). The story of a woman (Kathleen Quinlan of "Apollo 13") and her boyfriend (Stephen Collins of "7th Heaven") who hit tragedy head on add an evil mother-in-law (Beatrice Straight) ...
jjnxn
November 21, 2010
Young couple in love, his mother objects. They suffer a horrendous car accident during which her face is destroyed, his mother pays her off with reconstructive surgery. She emerges looking...remarkably similar? He doesn't notice when they met. Uh right. Gooey nonsense at least has nice San Francisco locations and decent actors working with a silly script.
½ July 2, 2010
just watched it again. i was in first year high school when i first saw this and i was touched with the story at that time to the extent that i cried. now i found the story so simple.. but i still like it though!! c",)
½ May 16, 2010
Decent acting with decent story.
January 15, 2009
Another one of those "I hate to admit that I watched this" movies. The thing I remember most was how angry I was a the Beatrice Straight character.
September 13, 2008
This classic love story film I could never forget! I just love seeing man falling deeply truly in loved with the woman he chose to keep.
August 22, 2008
Saw it for the first time in 1987 and still cry every time!
May 15, 2008
This is my all time favorite movie. If you like love stories and you ever catch this movie on TV or DVD watch it!!
March 4, 2008
I have to see this one...
February 10, 2008
Pure soapy tear-jearker, but I loved it, especially the performances of Kathleen Quinlan and Diane Weist.
January 9, 2008
True love is put to film! Saw this is a child and I still feel it!!
December 28, 2007
I was a kid when I saw this movie. It made me cry, already! I love this movie and has never left my memory.