The Bodyguard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bodyguard Reviews

May 28, 2017
it's actually not that bad
great starring vehicle for the late Whitney Houston
Kevin Costner serves well as her bodyguard being that she's a celebrity that garners too much attention
all that fame and success sometimes isn't a good thing
these two have great chemistry, it has a killer soundtrack, and it's way more intense than I thought it would be
not perfect but not as awful as most make it out to be
April 2, 2017
Corny but very watchable, very 90s but has aged surprisingly well. Costner excellent. Houston convincing as herself but a better singer than actress. Kemp ha. Pretty good.
February 16, 2017
My favourite movie ever! The perfect love story
February 7, 2017
A good thriller with a great soundtrack.
½ January 8, 2017
The Bodyguard best parts are when Whitney Houston is singing. The lack of chemistry between the two leads makes it all feel disjointed.
½ December 30, 2016
Not as bad of a revisit as I thought it would have been. I guess I just may have forgotten how talented Whitney Houston was. Not necessarily the acting as much as her music. The music was great in it. Makes the movie fresh just for that.
December 22, 2016
Worth a watch. Enjoyable movie. Was recommended by my fiance.
September 24, 2016
There are a lot of shortcomings to this film - choppy directing, some stilted dialogue, excessive melodrama - but it also has enough that is praiseworthy to make the movie a winner. The premise is inherently interesting and believable, both stars shine, and the music is great.
½ June 13, 2016
Singer receives death threats and hires a bodyguard in this mushy drama.
½ June 12, 2016
Good film. Would like to rate higher because the music makes the film so much better. But brace yourself because this movie is slllllloooooowwwww
½ March 19, 2016
Pretty bad movie, only Kevin Costner pulls it out of being a disaster, even though the songs are amazing of course, nobody denies Whitney Houston is a great singer.
½ February 13, 2016
Il n'y a que moi qui n'est vraiment pas satisfaite de la finale ?!
January 3, 2016
One of the best movie soundtracks, Whitney Houston was made for this role.
December 7, 2015
The Bodyguard is a classic film, you have to see it if you want to witness an old time favorite. This movie will live on forever because of Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. As a whole, the effort and energy behind the film was over the top. Watch it, you won't regret it. And then give it a good review, because it deserves so much better than this on rotten tomatoes!
½ November 1, 2015
Je n'avais encore jamais vu The Bodyguard (2015). Voilà quelque chose qui ne manquait pas à ma culture générale. Whitney Houston chante juste, mais tout le reste sonne faux.
½ August 10, 2015
kevin Costner is a good actor the movie is not intresting and Whitney Huston is ok not good just ok
July 24, 2015
The soundtrack is more memorable than the movie itself. It's passably entertaining, but nothing remotely transcendent.
½ June 13, 2015
Whitney Houston is no Meryl Streep, to be sure, but Kevin Costner is terrific and makes it work.
½ June 3, 2015
Classic Costner. Good suspense and action.
½ May 31, 2015
This is one of my favorite movies!