Atlantis, the Lost Continent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Atlantis, the Lost Continent Reviews

½ November 17, 2012
Imaginative adventure fantasy--The Mother of All Empires!!
May 14, 2012
I really liked it a lot...and its making me want to check out more stuff with George Pals name attached...it seems that he really was very perfectionist.
½ May 22, 2011
Well, I was looking for another "lost continent"-movie but stumbled upon this one instead.

In this movie the continent of atlantis exist and man are the people living on this continent weird. They look like greeks and understand english very well, but they are pure evil all the way. The atlantis people are very well developed and they handle both machinery as submarines (in the shape of big fish in steel) and weapons of mass destruction. They also strongly beleive in slavery and for some reason they rebuild their slaves into animals of diffrent sorts much to their amusement rather than any logic.

The Atlantis people plan to conquer the known world if only anyone can write them a map of the mediterranean.

Then the insects and birds leaves the continent and no-one understands why.

Destruction is imminent

So-so
½ December 23, 2010
I love Atlantis and underwater creature movies, but this is just cheesy. It wouldn't be half bad, if it weren't for the blatant and obvious message, done better in other George Pal movies.
½ July 19, 2010
I was expecting more
February 10, 2010
1Filled. and I mean FILLED with hooty dialogue, this somewhat sci-fi is short on action, but that doesn't make this George Pal movie no less entertaining. A princess somehow washes up on the shores of Greece, and, after spurning the fisherman who caught her ("Get away from me, you smell of fish!") falls in love with him anyways and cajoles him to take her back to Atlantis where she came from. Ah, but when he gets there she is treated like a princess again, while he's thrown into slavery! He somehow has to escape, but wait! The Atlantis bad guys are creating a laser! lol
Ah man, you gotta see this to believe it. A guilty pleasure for sure!
½ September 14, 2009
Absolutely terrible!!! It was so painful to watch and if i didn't have a busted knee, I would have thrown the tv out of the window before the first scene was done. It wasn't even like it was trying to be cheesy or weird, it just was and therefore I felt sorry for everyone who was casted in it and I want my hour an 45 minutes back!
September 7, 2009
awesome old movie, further always has been one of the greatest mysteries of mankind ¡¡¡
½ June 25, 2009
"Where is this miserable hovel, and why do I wear the garb of slaves?"
August 3, 2008
This was awesome! Romance, slavery, weird scientific experiments, a stun gun that melts human flesh, an exploding volcano, Total wrath of God?.. I love it! I give it 2 thumbs up and suggest that it is a must see!
August 3, 2008