Alice in Wonderland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alice in Wonderland Reviews

April 19, 2010
Go to IMDb right now and look at the full cast of this movie. Look at it! 80's cheesiness galore. That being said, this was a favorite childhood movie of mine, despite not being earth-shattering.
½ April 5, 2010
This was the Alice in Wonderland that I remember! Other than that Disney Classic that is... it's over 3hrs long's in 2 parts. Yes the second part is with the Jabberwoky which I very fondly remember being scared of when I was younger. Really takes you back with the huge ensemble cast, and all of the dancing/singing. Great for a lazy afternoon!
½ March 29, 2010
Wow, I can't believe I've never rated this movie on here. This was another one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. In fact, this is still my favorite film version of Alice in Wonderland. And I love that not only does this cover Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, it also covers Through the Looking Glass, because Through the Looking Glass has just as many interesting characters as Wonderland. When they finally released this on DVD a few years back I was practically giddy with excitement when I bought it. I really love this cheesy old movie.
½ March 22, 2010
I grew up with this movie. And what a wonderful cast, I'll always remember Beau Bridges as the unicorn.
March 18, 2010
The best Alice movie of them all.
(seen it like 50 times since i was a little kid, have it on DVD, a must see to all the people who love Alice)
½ March 17, 2010
An excellent movie for the kids, not adults. I still watch this one due to watching it as a kid. You know how it is when you watch a movie as a kid and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, then watch it as an adult and wonder what you were thinking? This is one to remember. Your kids will love it.
½ March 11, 2010
This is my all time favourite Alice in Wonderland movie. I think it's probably because I saw it as a kid, but the whole mini series is one big game of Hey! It's That Guy!

Sammy Davis Jr as Caterpillar? Beau Bridges as Unicorn? AND Uncle Jesse?!? Win.
½ March 10, 2010
I used to watch this over and over when I was younger. Love it! Sammy Davis Jr. was the best.
March 6, 2010
A little girl tries to find her way home from a repeating forest wonderland filled with 80's optical effects and nutcases in bad costumes who randomly bust into song. Being trapped on the wrong side of the mirror is pretty freaky sh!t.
½ March 2, 2010
Cute and lively adaptation of the story wants to please, and for the most part it does. A fun cast, catchy songs that are sung very well, fabulous production and costume designs, nice score, moves at a good pace most of the time, and there a few chilling sequences. What keeps this from being one of better adaptations is that this often feels stagy, it drags at times, the effects are very dated, and some great talents such as Shelley Winters and Sid Caesar are way underutilized. A favorite of mine as a kid and though it doesn't hold up as well as I'd hope it's still a treat to watch.
½ February 28, 2010
interesting tv semi-musical adaptation of alice in wonderland and through the looking glass. The jabberwocky scared the hell out of me when i was 6!
½ January 13, 2010
This review is more for the first one since I never saw the second half.

It's really more of career showcase for the celebrities that appear for a few minutes (though Anthony Newly is a nice touch) and the character of Alice is not only Americanized but too whiny to a fault. I'd rather listen to Kathryn Beumont and Sterling Holloway over Natalie Gregory and Telly Savalas any day.
½ November 30, 2009
I want to give it zero stars. I can't believe I wasted my life watching this!
½ November 23, 2009
Loved this movie as a kid, but when I rewatched it recently it was quite as good.
½ November 18, 2009
Love this movie-- I chased it down on Amazon.
November 17, 2009
I saw this when it came on T.V. and it was good.
November 11, 2009
This movie reminds me of being a little kid! my brother and I loved going to my grandma's house because she taped this version for us to watch over and over! by far the best Alice in wonderland EVER!!!
November 5, 2009
I love this movie it has the whole story (both down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass) and it has a great cast.
October 26, 2009
In the hype for Burton's Alice, I've been getting my hands on as many adaptations of Carroll's classic novel, and this is the worst to date. To be honest, I haven't been impressed by any other verisons because they rely too much of the anti-narrative book and become unsatsifying works. Again, I've mentioned this in my other Alice in Wonderland reviews, Carroll's original tale was a series of antidotes barely connected which worked in a novel format because they are divided into chapters. Here, it's basically just a set of random scenes, but this Alice is a musical. The songs work for none of the characters, The Mad Hatter's song is cringe worthy in how little it has to do with his character. This is the same man who is stuck having tea-time forever because his watch is broken and the clockhand rests on tea-time, and here he is singing Alice a song to make her feel better? What the hell. Makes no sense, some performances are entertaining but there is no appeal whatsoever. And a plus is that it's 3 hours. Wow that really sets the bar high. Ugh.