Aladdin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aladdin Reviews

½ October 15, 2016
Aladdin is Disney animation near or at their best. Great characters and songs throughout.
October 3, 2016
One of my favorite animated movies
October 2, 2016
Disney presents their latest animation film in Aladdin. The location is a fictional one known as Agrabah which features a palace and a sultan, and beautiful princess named Jasmine. She is due to be married in just 3 days and she does not like any of the suitors. To make matters worse, and evil adviser named Jafar is searching for a magical lamp that is said to change anyone's fortune.

All of this sets up perfectly for the hero of the story, Aladdin. Aladdin is a mere street rat who steals food with his monkey friend Abu and is merely trying to survive. It is clear from the start that his heart his pure as he will give children food he has worked hard to steal. Jafar soon discovers Aladdin is the key to obtaining the lamp and tricks Aladdin into retrieving it for him. Aladdin obtains it and learns that inside there is a genie (voiced by Robin Williams) that will grant him 3 wishes. Aladdin uses this to change his circumstances and win Jasmine's heart.

Aladdin is the ultimate adventure film. It has every element that one could want in a Disney film including a beautiful princess, magic, rags to riches, comedy, an excellent villain and a morality tale layer on top of it all. Aladdin also features excellent side characters. Abu and the magic carpet are some of the best side-kicks any hero could want. The genie is one as well and provides excellent comic relief. Princess Jasmine is bound to be a favorite for guys and girls alike. Jafar is an excellent and sinister villain whose plots and schemes grant him powers beyond belief.

Aladdin also features an excellent soundtrack. The song A Whole New World is an instant hit that is memorable and easily one of the top Disney songs composed. The other songs are not far behind, and Alan Menken composes and superb soundtrack that rightfully won an Oscar. The film conveys the message of the importance of telling the truth, and most importantly being truthful to oneself. Although Aladdin a new persona with the genie, it does not change who he truly is. Aladdin is the perfect type of movie is why Disney is the top in the buisness for animation. The animation is gorgeous and features excellent backgrounds, larger than life settings, and magnificent character design. The movie stands the test of time and can be enjoyed by people of all ages regardless of gender and race.

½ September 1, 2016
One of my favourites as a child, and it still holds up to this day. A really dun movie with a gorgeous artistic direction, great characters, and an awesome soundtrack.
August 30, 2016
(Sighs) Well, guys, this is it. The big one. The total shock. The constipation will shock the audience that will make them cry and shit out of their brains and make your eyes pop out like an over-the-top lunatic, what it's said to be the actor who died in August 2014. Now that IS a total shock. Period! And I think my friends from my old school know about that as well cause Robin voiced the Genie. He is a lovable characters like all Disney characters are.

So that I got it out of the way let's get on with the main film. Aladdin. Now this is what I'm going to tell you about why me, Jacob and Liam liked it because again years ago we quoted all the dialogue from this movie just like from other Disney classics we quoted, this is an amazing, gripping and thrilling movie. The animation helps out the thrills of the excitment. There's a scene where Aladdin and Abu went to The Cave of Wonders to find the lamp but Abu accidently touch the forbidden treasure called a gem so Aladdin, Abu and the magic carpet fly out of here before they'll die, that scene is just awsome! Friggin' fantastic! While Liam, Jacob and I quoting lines from the Disney classics me and Liam take turns and have fun doing it along with Jacob. Again like I said that Abu touched the gem that really makes me laugh. Why? Because Aladdin Shouts at Abu not to touch anything The Cave of Wonders knows that Abu touched something he said ''Infidels! You have touched the forbidden treasure! Now you will never again see the light of day!'' That is hilarious! And the CGI which I forgot to mention in the last review Beauty and the Beast is just unbelievable! It's unbelievably amazing! It feels like I'm on the roller coaster! In fact I think most people thought about this as well! It's just unbelievably fucking awsome! The scenes in this are just funny, memorable and hilarous! And the scene however where the Genie got out of the lamp. He's just got alot of pop culture references in it! Ain't it amazing? Me, Jacob and Liam have been quoting this scene where Genie voiced by Robin Williams is singing a song called Friend Like Me and says to Aladdin something that is hilarious even Liam Fleming and I quoting that line, here is how: ''Excuse me? Are you looking at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!'' There's also loads of dialogue that made people laugh. The songs are by Alan Menken again and the lyricist Tim Rice. They made the songs so catchy just like the songwriters did in the previous films and made the Disney Renaissance magical as they are. The songs called One Jump Ahead, Friend Like Me, Prince Ali and A Whole New World. There's a theme song to that as well sung by Regina Belle and again Peabo Bryson. Just like in Beauty and the Beast though this song is so beautiful and so charming like most Disney songs would do. The characters like I mention in full depth of the story almost. The princess called Jasmine is the princess who is tired of life in the royal palace and comes across a street rat named Aladdin and Aladdin in his prince costume Him and Jasmine know that they fell in live with each other. Actually she's the Disney Princess and by saying that like Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella from Cinderella, Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, Ariel from The Little Mermaid and Belle from Beauty and the Beast, this is the Disney movie for boys. It stars a main character Aladdin. Well, how about that, Mr Doubting Mustafa? The evil villian of the movie is so powerful, so evil and so brilliant is Jafar. He is one of Disney's best villians of all time and he also get a funny line once in a while like the one when me and Liam said together is: ''I think it's time to say goodbye to Prince Abubu.'' Iago gets a funny line and he's Jafar sidekick besides he's voiced by Gilbert Gottfried and he has the funniest voice in comedy history. If you really wanna be thrilled and gripped by this amazing classic this is definitely the movie that will make you think you're on a roller coaster ride like all the other Disney Classics. The animation with CGI is definitely the highlight of animation.
August 28, 2016
This movie is in just about every Kingdom Hearts game, and for good reason. The music was amazing, in both the movie and the stage musical, which both star Jonathan Freeman as Jafar. Robin Williams also gives arguably his greatest film performance in this movie, and its laugh-out funny. Gilbert Gottfried is also pretty good in this too. The animated cartoon series was also decent, at least the ones with Mirage and Mozenwrath. But the best animated episode with Aladdin was the crossover episode of Hercules, which saw our favorite street rat having one last battle with Jafar after the end of the final movie in the Aladdin trilogy.
August 28, 2016
Robin Williams finest work IMHO
½ August 15, 2016
Aladdin is great with its entertainment and comedy! Robin Williams is amazing as the Genie!
½ August 13, 2016
Aladdin is a classic, the carpet ride itself is worth the watch if you're not already a fan.
½ August 12, 2016
On paper, this marks one of Disney's trickiest films to date. A love story set in the middle east where the supporting characters include a monkey, flying carpet, and a genie (only one of which can talk) doesn't exactly sound like familiar territory . But the animators stay true to form and expand their horizons, especially Clements and Musker who were fresh off their success of The Little Mermaid. The exotic world that the animators portray is intriguing yet also friendly and familiar as they fill it with irresistible characters. Each personality is carefully crafted with several dimensions that make them even more real, especially Jasmine who surprisingly exhibits considerable strength and individuality, a trait that hasn't been prominent in Disney's female characters. And who can forget Genie, the result of the genius that is the late Robin Williams. Williams actually ad-libbed most of his lines and designers animated the characters based off his recordings after. And it is a wonderful performance that solidifies the movie as a classic.
August 12, 2016
Remember when Disney actually gave a crap? Yeah, those were nice times.
August 1, 2016
Aladdin is the best movie that has ever made in the history of film. Not only does it have GREAT MUSIC but it has Robin Williams and that dude from Full House.
½ July 27, 2016
Aladdin is at times rushed, too modern and sometimes quite problematic, but as a whole, the film is a big success with such a great world building, superb animation, memorable characters, inherent emotion, many unforgettable sequences and an amazing, top-notch soundtrack with the highlight being A Whole New World which is a classic Disney song. The film succeeds as a fantasy, musical and a romance, but also as a comedy because it is pretty funny at times. But it is above all a fun and adventurous experience that is one of the best Renaissance flicks.
July 22, 2016
Two Thumbs Up Siskel And Ebert
July 18, 2016
Take away Robin Williams and this movie is a 2 at best. But he and Mr. Menken's dynamite score make this the masterpiece that it is.
½ July 18, 2016
I loved Aladdin. This Disney classic is definitely a must-see. But something about this film makes it an incredible film, yet still not a masterpiece.
Aladdin (1992) was released 2 years before The Lion King. I feel like The Lion King was the best Disney film I've seen, and obviously had some masterpiece ingredient that this did not.
July 17, 2016
Aladdin is unforgettable and amazing. Disney brings a whole new princess movie to the big screen and does an amazing job at it. This movie has a great cast. Two thumbs up! I would very much suggest this movie.
July 5, 2016
A new Disney classic thats perfect for the title in almost every way possible. Casting, direction, animation, production, story, and yes, even the songs are impeccable.
½ July 5, 2016
It's a very charming lovable-animated Classic first set with a poor boy from the streets named Aladdin, it's one of Disneys big magical hits, with memorable music and unforgettable storyboard and characters. Awesome film for the time, as well.
June 22, 2016
My favorite Disney movie of all time.