Aladdin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aladdin Reviews

July 17, 2017
Maybe I'd like this film more if the characters actually looked Middle Eastern, and if Jasmine's personality were more complex than a pickle.
½ July 13, 2017
A great soundtrack as well as the great use of the voice of Robin Williams as the genie make this a good addition to what was a great time in Disney animated features.
June 10, 2017
Among one of the best Disney classics.
May 30, 2017
Who can't fall in love with this?!
Story:9|10
Animation:10|10
Characters: 7|10
Songs:7|10
Overall:8.1|10.
½ May 23, 2017
Good but stopped being funny at 40:00
May 13, 2017
Genie is the central point of interest in this film, and raises fundamental questions about the enslavement of power. Genie is bound to being a people pleaser, his lot in life is using his incredible power to give others what they want. He's a slave that decided to be great at his job, because he knows the rest of his life is a joke, and he literally treats it that way - everything is a jest, like one of those excessively humoring waiters.
½ May 4, 2017
Simply enchanting. (First viewing - Early 1993 in theaters)
May 2, 2017
A silly movie to watch with good singing
April 20, 2017
Aladdin is directed and co-written by Ron Clements and John Musker, and it stars Scott Weinger and Robin Williams in an animated film about a poor man named Aladdin with his monkey Abu, they try to survive in the streets, and they come across an old beggar that tells him that he needs to go to the Cave of Wonders to find a lamp, which summons up the Genie. When going on the Canada trip, I brought a lot of films for the whole choir class to watch, and try to come up with a decision of what we want to watch, which you know already about what that decision is. Since it's probably the first Robin Williams's film that I've seen, or at least take notice of, I realized that I couldn't think of a better first kids film for Robin Williams that I rather watch instead as a little boy. The animation is great to look at with the 2D animation, and a little bit of CG animation that fits well with the film's advantage. The voice acting is great and have good singing voices, especially of course for me, as the best part of the film is Robin Williams as Genie because he's having fun with the script, while just making as many jokes as he can in rapid-fire, with all the jokes getting a hit from me as I just couldn't stop laughing or smiling whenever the Genie shows up, and he does take things serious whenever there's a moment that needed to be serious. I also watch the video where Robin Williams had even more jokes in the film, but it didn't make the cut as it's probably because of animation budget reasons, and they were pretty funny to watch, even if you have to understand more about what characters he impersonated. The characters are great with Aladdin wanting to get out of the city and go to the palace where he doesn't have to worry about getting food, and Princess Jasmine wanting to see what the poor life is like because she's tired of getting ordered around and not picking the right person, which you understand what they're going through and why they want to do the things that they do. The villain is also memorable with a menacing voice, how he is so determined of getting the lamp, and he's a sorcerer, so there are going to be some interesting visuals in this also. The score by Alan Menken is fantastic with some great songs that are well-written by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice. It's a lot of fun to watch, and the chemistry between Aladdin and Jasmine is well done, with some cool scenes that they have to do that just make you smile. Aladdin will always be one of the best Disney animated film that I've seen, and that there's no one that can replace Robin Williams as Genie.
April 19, 2017
A great combination of storytelling and comedy, Aladdin gives you everything you want from a Disney film. This movie doesn't disappoint, with songs that are amazing and catchy. Not to mention the immortal performance of Robin Williams as the Genie. His nonstop improv comedy fest was one of the big reasons that people enjoyed this film.
April 9, 2017
Excellent disney movie. Right up there with Cinderella and The Lion King. Superb performance from Robin Williams as the genie. Great visuals.
½ March 24, 2017
Such a great Disney film
½ March 20, 2017
Pretty good, I liked the plot.
March 14, 2017
A truly classic movie. As a kid, this was one of my two favorites. Even now, it is still enjoyable.
February 26, 2017
Aladdin is probably one of the best entries within the Walt Disney Animated Classics to date because of how undeniably fun the film is. The animation is beautiful, the songs are catchy and the characters ought to be highly enjoyed by audiences. The title character may be a street urchin but he's good at heart, Jasmine is an ideal role model for young girls, Jafar is a great villain, Abu will keep kids diverted like most of the quirky animal sidekicks in Disney movies and, without a doubt, Robin Williams steals the show as the Genie. I doubt anyone can ever do a Genie as great as he did, may he rest in peace (well, except for Dan Castellaneta). An entertaining entry that boasts humour, romance, drama and peril with great musical numbers.
½ February 3, 2017
disney classic, your childhood was not complete if you haven't seen multiple disney movies
½ January 24, 2017
Aladdin may not be as good as Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King, but it's still a one heck of a spectacular animated magic carpet ride experience that kids and adults can enjoy. Alongside its engaging story, strong comedy, excellent animation, memorable songs and loveable characters. Even though Jasmine's character and the reprise of Prince Ali, do bother me slightly, But like I stated before, it is a must-watch for the whole family and Disney fans at the same time. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
January 23, 2017
My favorite Disney movie so far even though lion king may take the icing on the cake. I should say Williams is a genius and he will always live on.
January 16, 2017
That was actually pretty entertaining. Robin Williams annoys me but he didn't ruin the movie.