Aladdin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aladdin Reviews

April 29, 2019
A wonderful, entertaining, entry in Disney's renaissance era. Beautifully drawn, beautiful and catchy songs, scene stealing characters, and a perfect performance from Robin Williams (which was 80 percent improvised).
April 21, 2019
To me kids movies are subjective, I mean I can go on and on why I would love Titan AE, Atlantis, or Road to El Dorado even if others didnt. I mean kids movies are flawed by design, so they're defininately not perfect in terms of story, or characters. Was Aladdin perfect? No it most certainly was not, but out of all of Disney's animated films, this is the one that came the closest.
½ April 19, 2019
Aladdin is not just a great Disney animated movie. Is a unique viewing experience. If it did not had the songs and the Genie, this would have been by the numbers.
½ April 17, 2019
Classic Disney film that has only gotten better with age, mostly thanks to Robin Williams brilliant performance as the Genie. The cast is solid, with plenty of great vocal performances, the scene stealer being Robin Williams, though, who creates a character like no other, delivering gags at a rapid fire pace (reportedly, the animators had trouble keeping up with him) while delivering some pathos underneath (he just wants his freedom like everyone else). Behind the camera, directors John Musker and Ron Clements craft a fun Disney tale with animation that evokes the classic Arabian themes and tales. The music is solid as well, though the lose of the late, great Howard Ashman during filming is felt (the movies best song by him "Never Had a Friend Like Me", is by Ashman, while Tim Rice did the more sweet but simple "Whole New World"). Overall, one of the best Disney films of the 1990's Renaissance, and one of the late, great Robin Willliams's finest performances.
½ April 16, 2019
One of the best Disneys frrom the 90's, and that's saying a lot. Robin Williams revolutionized the industry with a legendary performance as a voicee actor
½ April 13, 2019
This is now around the 11th time I've seen Aladdin and it was the same as I remembered.

Aladdin is a Disney realtelling of the folk tale Aladdin. The film was directed by Ron Clements and John Musker. The film stars Scott Weinger as Aladdin and Robin Williams as Genie.

The voice acting for the most part was very good especially Jonathan Freeman
As Jafar, but a couple of the background characters had quiet annoying voices.

The characters were also very fun and enjoyable especially the Genie, but Abu did get on my nerves especially toward the beginning.

The cinematography was steady with some very beautiful shots of the scenery.

The animation like most Disney films was very impressive especially the movement of Genie and the magic carpet.

The style I very much like from the colour scheme to the character design. I also always liked that the backgrounds would either be a deep blue or sky red colour.

The film also uses a lot more CGI then usual and I can't say that all of it was good especially the Lion head entrance.

The music from the singing to the background sound track was done very well. My personally favourite song of the film would probably by friend like me.

The story follows a street kid Aladdin who wants to be prince. At the same time the story follows Princess Jasmine a princess who wants to leave her old life to see the world.

The comedy in the film is probably some of the best from Disney animation. There were a couple jokes that fell flat, but the Genie really brings the comedy to the table.

The film also had some very strong atmosphere at points.

The film is also very enjoyable to watch and something that I shall be watching again.

I do have a couple nit picks with the film like them using references to more later stuff, but without that the comedy wouldn't be as good.

Over all I give it a 7/10 - very good
March 15, 2019
Nice Story but the Genie's behavior is sometimes very annoying
March 14, 2019
Beautiful to look at, packed with catchy songs, and of course Robin Williams Genie makes it a Disney classic.
March 12, 2019
One of my favorite Disney Classics, I remember as a child this was the movie that made me truly love Robin Williams, his portrayal of the Genie was hilarious. The movie has a great message and I remember as a kid not really understanding it completely, but as an adult, I truly appreciate that I was being bombarded with messages like the one this one presents. Also, Jafar is an extremely intimidating antagonist and the character is done to perfection, especially the whole snake sequence...still gives me the creeps.

Love this movie and will definitely watch it again.
March 7, 2019
Great movie. The late, great Robin Williams delivers us a performance that will be burned into us for the rest of our lives.
March 2, 2019
Really good! Just didnÔ(TM)t enjoy a handful of characters enough.
February 18, 2019
Best disney film ever
February 17, 2019
Robin Williams makes this movie
February 5, 2019
One of the best Disney animated musicals; Beautiful score and great story; Incredible voice acting by Robin Williams as the Genie and Jonathan Freeman as Jafar. Sadly, they don't make them like this anymore.
January 28, 2019
Watching Aladdin now won't be the same without Robin Williams present today. Every time I see the Genie or even hear his voice, I can't help but choke up. Anyway, yes, it's one of my favorite Disney movies.
January 26, 2019
The best animated musical comedy movie ever made! With 2 of the best movie songs ever sung: Friend Like Me and A Whole New World!
January 17, 2019
Robin Williams (and mostly Robin Williams), great visuals, and beautiful songs all contribute to the masterpiece that Aladdin is.
January 12, 2019
Mantenendo sempre ai massimi livelli l'intrattenimento visivo con grandi sequenze musicali ed ottime animazioni, ci viene proposta una storia nuova, fresca ed originale che conferma l'andamento positivo della casa di produzione. Fantastica la sceneggiatura, completa e ricca di emozione, elevata dai dialoghi e da geniali trovate narrative. Il ritmo frenetico e rapido del film offre un'esperienza che nel complesso offre sia emozione che divertimento per tutte le etÓ, i due aspetti fondamentali per tutto il cinema d'animazione.
January 3, 2019
Definitely one of the classics
December 22, 2018
This movie is fun for all ages