Posse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Posse Reviews

½ February 20, 2010
This is one of my fav's i could watch it now. Haven't seen it in a long time.
January 25, 2010
It had great flare and was a solid Western. And believe it or not Stephen Baldwin was pretty good in this one.
½ December 8, 2009
That was one of my favorite movie, I love when the older gentleman spoke of Ncodemus being a slave and tellin the story, so wonderful, Father time was great to! i just love the movie
November 23, 2009
THE FIRST BLACK WESTERN
October 6, 2009
*1/2 (out of four)

I think this is an important part of history and should be examined. The film shows us the black cowboys of the American West. I just wished it received a more respectful and well done version than this.
September 14, 2009
way better then I thought it was going to be!
½ September 9, 2009
I wasn't thrilled though the moive did had a few moments.
½ September 5, 2009
This movie is trashy. Its suck. Well I gotta say it has a lot of action in it. But its not the Posse movie that I am looking for.
½ July 7, 2009
Well... I think Mr. Van Peebles tried a little too much here. Action scenes are good and well directed but the movie doesn't really breathe. All the noise, all the bad humour, all the loud montages tend to suffocate the story.
May 23, 2009
I studied on black cowboys. This film finally brought them to life! Excellent cast, story, acting, and historical situations (even though the story is fiction)!!!!
May 20, 2009
surprisingly good! isaac hayes, underwood are good, but peebles rocks! sexy pam nails it too.
½ April 18, 2009
Intriquing idea. Great casting. Lavish production and stylish directing demicated at times by terrible editing and tonal shift in the 3rd act. Semi serious overtones a-la "Glory" and "A Birth of a Nation" aren't unwarranted, but are unnecessary, as this works best as a trashy, silly action western - a lot like "Young Guns" with tans.
shesdownbytheriver
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
February 20, 2009
own it, loved the idea of the brothers kicking some butt
½ February 19, 2009
Ha!!!! My goodness, Stephen Baldwin ROCKED in this movie!! And I thought the casting was great, having a western with mostly African Americans in it...very different than the usual.
February 3, 2009
I AM ALSO FROM THE MOR TEASAR TRIBE.....FIRE DON KOM DAWN FI BURN.
December 11, 2008
probably one of the most underated movies out there. VERY good movie. and i normally hate cowboy movies.
November 29, 2008
should be called possers
November 29, 2008
If this hadn't been such an ego driven vanity project it would have been the film it should been. Needed another director. Sheesh.
September 3, 2008
i loved this movie....a western but with black cowboys....this posse definitely handled themselves very well....big daddy kane was smooth in this movie...the cast did a great job n this movie......