Grown Ups - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grown Ups Reviews

May 30, 2013
Can't wait for this didn't expect them to back a sequel out of it looks really funny
December 28, 2010
Grownups has 1 of the worst covers.
½ May 16, 2010
One Of the funniest Mike Leigh films I've seen and I've seen them all. Philip Davis is an absolute diamond in this film and the reason why I love this film so much.
July 22, 2009
Well, everyone pulls the right gurning faces and it's ever so naturalistic and all but so terribly, terribly dull.
½ July 21, 2009
There are the usual elements one would expect to find in a Mike Leigh artefact - class divisions, eccentric characters and naturalistic dialogue, yet this particular film lacks any real drama. The result is a rather plodding story that is not entirely without merit but is nowhere near the delights of some of his other pieces.
July 19, 2009
This was funny, tense and sad. On par with Hard Labour and High Hopes. Loved it!
February 13, 2009
I'm really proud that I caught a showing of this film in Cinema. Another excellent film by the fabulous Mike Leigh.
May 2, 2008
I love Mike Leigh movies. This one was just ok. The scence on the neighbor's stairs made me laugh though. And who doesn't have a relative/friend like that?
March 4, 2008
Lags for the first 40 minutes. Do hang in there. Brenda Blethyn delivers.
½ December 22, 2007
Couldn't get into it. I've loads of respect for Mike Leigh, but this movie didn't do anything for me.
½ October 26, 2007
A strong TV drama by Mike Leigh, though not his best. It's very theatrical, for British television lovers it's worth a watch.
June 8, 2007
the world needs more of this.