Arabian Nights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arabian Nights Reviews

January 8, 2017
The costumes and sets make the most of this film being shot in colour, although the story is to an extent just a bland love story.
½ December 4, 2015
Hard to believe it now anymore but there was a time in Hollywood when portraying Arabs and their culture was actually cooler than sunglasses and this was from that time. Basically, Hollywood assumes that Americans don't know crap about Arab culture and so they throw everything Arab sounding at 'em in one gumbo of half baked ideas. Dress it up in fancy costumes, do it in technicolor, throw a score on it with loads of Arab soundalike musicalities, and boom, foreign intrigue in a bottle. Romance. Action. Or a reasonable facsimile anyway. Not terrible, but not too good either.
½ September 6, 2014
Couldn't even get through it
½ April 2, 2013
An action-packed fantasy adventure--Superlative Technicolor effort!!
January 22, 2010
The set design is beautiful and the ladies are lovely, but there's painfully little adventure or excitement in this classic adventure film. Far more humor than was really needed bogged the movie down at various points, with little action to lift it back up. Not bad, but not especially good, either.
January 8, 2010
A boring and meandering excercise in an American telling of "Arabian" history. Alladin and Simbad are here as workers who can't seem to stop talking about the past. Probably about the best joke in this lame movie.
½ August 8, 2008
This turd proves that Hollywood has been cranking out blockbuster twaddle for over half a century.
July 31, 2008
another technicolor gem filled with tropical exotica
½ January 17, 2008
Corny, mindless fun. Think 1001 Nights meets The Three Stooges! Haroun and Kamar are brothers fighting each other for the right to rule Turkey and win the hand of the dancer Scheherazade. In their royal battle, the brothers encounter a traveling band of performers, Sinbad the sailor (played by Shemp Howard!) and young prince Aladdin. Awesome production quality for 1942! This film was nominated for Best Music Score, Best Art Direction Color, Best Cinematography Color, and Best Sound and I can see why!
November 29, 2007
Full of fun and spirited classic adventure. If only movies today were made such as this!
½ November 1, 2007
"When I look at myself, I am so beautiful I scream with joy!" - Maria Montez

I scream too, Maria. Also, the movie is pretty fun.
½ September 21, 2007
Just what you expect it to be!
September 3, 2007
My mom used to watch old movies with me, and that is how I know I've seen this, as a little girl, haven't seen it for a long time, but was one of my favorites on the Sunday Matinee on the tely!
½ September 4, 2005
This action-packed adventure film is worth a watch, but it is not exactly a memorable film. It is a fun film, and the picture (shot in Technicolour) is beautiful. (Excellent landscapes, bright blue of the sky, colourful costume, etc. come to life in the vibrant colour that this film was shot in.) If you want to watch something fun that doesn't require much thinking, then this movie won't let you down.