Hocus Pocus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hocus Pocus Reviews

½ November 16, 2016
A funny Halloween flick with a hilariously over-the-top performance from Bette Midler.
November 12, 2016
It's the best film ever
½ November 3, 2016
A Halloween tradition! Midler is fantastic.
November 1, 2016
BEST HALLOWEEN FILM EVER. As a 30-something I not only have fond memories but have now also given my daughter fond memories of watching this film. You can see how much fun they had making this movie and it shines through in their performances. A must have every year!
October 30, 2016
Great kids film, loved this as a child. Midler, Parker and Najimy are a great trio as the witches.
October 28, 2016
20+ years later & it's still my favorite Halloween Movie.
October 28, 2016
A gem for those who grew up with this oddly comical movie.
October 25, 2016
Family friendly Halloween movie complete with children heroes and a great cat. It's shallow, but very fun!
October 24, 2016
This is the best movie in the world. Yall are whilin.
October 23, 2016
Best Halloween movie of all time.
October 22, 2016
Love this movie. Used to hate it but I love it
October 20, 2016
An annual guilty pleasure that gets you in the Halloween spirit, that has Midler, Najimy & Parker at their hokey best!
October 16, 2016
Saw it with some friends who had it as their favorite movie as kids, which was lovely.
October 11, 2016
Nothing could match up to the charisma and charm of Midler, Parker & Najimy, but that's ultimately all that was going for the film. Hocus Pocus is a fair attempt at a spooky, humorous family film that's filled with inconsistencies. However, there is glimmer in its heartfelt tone and outrageous gags that give it its cult-like following especially during the Halloween season. 3/5
October 8, 2016
this is the best Halloween movie all time. Sarah Jessica Parker throws heat the entire time.
October 7, 2016
Best Halloween film ever made. Just love it.
October 4, 2016
Best Halloween Movie EVER
October 1, 2016
Seeing as its October 1st, I thought I'd review a the Disney cult classic "Hocus Pocus." Now this film was hated by majority of critics including the great Siskel and Ebert who gave it very negative reviews, and usually I am even harsher on films especially Disney films because my expectations are through the roof! However here I actually enjoyed watching this mediocre witch flick. Sure its clichéd, campy, and unbearable at times, but I admire it because of what a huge risk it was for Disney to produce. This film is relatively darker then most current Disney films and was a bold risk to take with a family audience as it has children having the life sucked out of them to the point of death, public hangings, a couple swear words, and many more things that most family pictures of the time didn't dare to include. What I also like about this film is the three Witches played by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy. These three are the highlight of the movie and pretty much the only reason I liked it as much as I did. Every seen they are in is enjoyable which is more than I can say about any other cast member except for the cameos of Gary and Penny Marshall and the zombie thing. This brings me to the unbearable parts of the movie the rest of the characters, who are all boring, clichéd, uninspired, drab who take up way too much screen time! Every time they are on screen you just want to fast forward to The Witches or zombie Billy Butcherson again. And that's why I think most people dislike this film because the characters we want to see are pushed aside to give us uninspired cardboard cut outs in its place. So in closing I give this movie a 3/5 rating.
September 26, 2016
Sure Hocus Pocus has its flaws but its talented cast of witches really pick up the slack and you really can't deny this film's impact as a cult classic. That must count for something right?