Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians (And Then There Were None) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians (And Then There Were None) Reviews

May 25, 2016
I was on board 'til the ending, which doesn't make much sense.
September 15, 2015
good killer suspenser
½ June 18, 2015
Does a fair job in expressing the Agatha Christie mystery. It's a little low-key throughout but works well enough as a whodunit.
January 13, 2015
"Los Diez Indiecitos", la popular novela de Agatha Christie acerca de 10 personajes encerradas en una mansión, es adaptada de nuevo a la pantalla (ya antes lo había hecho René Clair) con menos credibilidad pero con agilidad y buena construcción de personajes. Incluye un receso de un minuto para que el público pueda pensar en quién es el asesino.
September 15, 2014
I am going to pass on this one.
July 5, 2014
Great little thriller with a some atmosphere and some cheap sets and dreadful acting by Fabian and in particular Daliah Lavi. The old stalwarts of British cinema Dennis Price, Leo Genn, Wilfred Hyde White and Stanley Holloway add class to the classic Agatha Christie tale of 10 people with a shady past being brought to a castle atop a mountain where one by one they are picked off according to the nursery rhyme. However there is a twist in the tail as you try to discover who the real murderer is. Interesting little film shot in black and white and part of a series of Agatha Christie thrillers which included the celebrated Miss Marple played by Margaret Rutherford.
May 9, 2014
Remake of an Agatha Christie novel originally filmed in 1945 as 'And Then There Were None'.
Whilst this maintains faithful to the original mystery, it lacks the atmosphere director Rene Clair brought to his version of the story.
½ September 1, 2013
I am big of fan of straight & classic mystery films. Give me an old house, some rocky chairs, snow (or thunderstorme), a dubious cast of mediocre to no talent and some murders and I am as a happy as poirot with a menthe tea ! This one is no exception. Yes, some moments are campy and some of the 'actors' are so awful, it made me laugh out loud, but oh the suspense and oh the evil eyes of the villain, I just adore it. Of course, I am a genre enthusiast, many out there might not share my opinion on this hidden gem. The story is pretty solid, it is a Christie after all and I found all the film versions to be good ones, hard to mess this one up. George Pollock is what I call a straight hand when it comes to directing, no flash, no dazzle, no strokes of genius but getting the job done, keep the picture in the frame and off you go. The cast is good and all the people involved play to their strength, Hugh O Brian is a handsome dervish, Fabian a moron and Wilfrid Hyde-White is a scheming and flamboyant judge ... all in good order. There are some surprises here, Mario Adorf plays a prominent role ( a great german actor) and I did very much enjoy Dennis Price's performances too. Like I said, Fabian, Lavi and Eaton were awful, but a good laugh. The story is good, albeit a tad unbelievable (not sure if the novel is) but then again, it is a work of ficition, but some of the scenes and deaths in the film border on the impossible and sometimes the film feels more like a ghost story than a murder conspiracy and the big reveal and explaination in the end does a great job of simply ignoring all the logical error and nobody explains some of the things you keep on wondering the whole film about (How did the murderer manage to pull that off? - Well, keep guessing, no one is ever going to tell you). Still, for fans of the genre, this is a must-see. Camp and gorgeous whodunnit !
½ May 21, 2013
This second film adaptation of Agatha's Christie's classic murder mystery is loosely based on the novel and on the children's nursery rhyme of the same name. Eight strangers and a husband and wife household domestics are invited to spend a weekend in a remote Swiss mountain chalet by an unknown host. After it is revealed that each of them is responsible for a murder, they are killed off individually in accordance with the nursery rhyme.

Although some of the murders and descriptions of the guests' crimes do not follow the original rhyme, this was obviously done to update the movie for a 1960s audience. The two women guests were made younger and hipper; one was played by Shirley Eaton who later played Jill Masters in Goldfinger.
More curious was the casting of Fabian as a fading, obnoxious entertainer. If the purpose to allow the viewer to cheer his demise, it succeeded.

The major failing is one that I have with many book adaptations: the ending was changed to a more positive one. Not everyone dies in this version which is at odds with the very downbeat ending of her original mystery thriller.
½ May 7, 2012
Cheeky mid-60's take on a popular, if weathered, murder plot: 10 strangers meet in an isolated spot (here a mountain chalet) and one by one is murdered. Who can the killer be? A stranger? One of the 10? Kitschy fun if anything and filmed in glorious black and white.
April 1, 2012
This is a fun little murder mystery. Of course the book is much different, but I thought the movie did an OK job. The endings are significantly different, but I like the ending they chose for the movie. This is a film I would suggest for a rainy day spent snuggling on the couch watching old movies.
January 20, 2012
who is the murderer? really good
December 12, 2011
An unremarkable, rather dreary interpretation of one of Agatha Christie's most famous stories. Though there is some decent location work, the cast isn't terribly memorable, and the execution of the plot is handled somewhat more messily than was probably necessary, given the strong source material.
July 6, 2011
The second film version of Agatha Christie's detective novel And Then There Were None, this time set in an isolated ski resort, retooled to fit the attitude of the "swinging sixties". Featuring a ood cast of recognisable faces, Shirley Eaton, Fabian, Leo Genn, Stanley Holloway, Wilfrid Hyde-White, a mix of cheap but recognizable talent, most of whom had recently been associated with big hits. Both Hyde-White and Holloway appeared side-by-side with Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady (1964), while Shirley Eaton recently bedded James Bond in Goldfinger (1964).
June 6, 2011
Stylish but flawed 1960's adaptation of this Agatha Christie classic mystery, but it's adequate. The setting has been changed from an island to a snowy mountain lodge. The sex and violence are ramped up a few notches. The actors are a bit goofy and overacted in their roles. Fabian is a strange choice, but he was popular in 1965. The addition of silly servants to the plot is a bit unsuitable. Decent enough. I wish a colorized version was available.
½ May 7, 2011
This film deviated from the book A LOT... and for the worse.
January 23, 2011
"Drop dead."
"That's not funny."
November 21, 2010
Similar in plot to Agatha Christie's superior film, "Murder In The Orient Express" where suspects are assembled with no access through the snow and the audience has to guess who's Mr. "Unknown" Owens commiting the murders. Conversely, in "Orient Express" there was a murder and all the supsects had a motive so it was up to Hercule Poiret to reveal the plot. In "Ten Little Indians" the characters are bumped off accordingly to the nursery rhime but makes little sense. Each time someone is killed, an indian toy is removed from the living room but our guests never consider to watch who goes into the living room. Some of the acting is so bad that you might think you're watching a comedy. Fabian, Mario Adorf, Marianne Hoppe, and Daliah Lavi are deserving to be killed for bad acting alone.

Shirley Eaton is perfectly cast and Wilfrid Hyde-White has the right tone for this light drama. George Pollock directs the whole thing like it was on auto pilot, there's no sense of location or perspective. It's also badly edited and a crucial scene at the end is flat. The twists at the end is not all surprising but sort of makes you smile so I'm giving it an extra star for the end.
October 9, 2010
An okay adaptation of Agatha Christie's classic murder mystery that comes short of creating atmosphere and credibility.