Much Ado About Nothing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Much Ado About Nothing Reviews

October 15, 2013
One of my all time favorites. Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson have fantastic chemistry. It's funny, sexy, a great romance, and absolutely beautiful. A must have!
October 8, 2013
Branagh and Thompson were great together. This movie is a good adaptation of Shakespeare's play.
October 7, 2013
Watched this again yesterday. Shakespeare the way it should be done.
September 28, 2013
Great performances by the entire cast! Wonderful costumes & gorgeous locations too. By far my favorite version & I've seen it more times than I can remember over the years.
September 19, 2013
Ahhhh happy memories of watching this as a teenager - mostly for Robert Sean Leonard but its a great wee film
September 8, 2013
It's been 20 years since I last watched Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing. It's still as fabulously funny. Branagh as Benedick is amazing and everyone needs to seen the hilarious turn from Michael Keaton. Here is Shakespeare at its most accessible to all.
½ September 1, 2013
Forse, il migiliore adattamento shakespeariano di K. Branagh.
July 29, 2013
It just doesn't get anymore infectiously jubilant than this.
July 24, 2013
an absolute delight!
½ July 22, 2013
It reminded me of a Diane Keaton movie.
July 10, 2013
I am reviewing this because , in my opinion, it is Shakespearian perfection. I can (and have) watched it again and again over the years. Guaranteed to make a Shakespeare lover out of anyone. And the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. Be patient when first watching, it is amazing how the brain eventually adjusts to the difference in syntax. By the end, you forget it's Shakespearian prose.
½ July 5, 2013
A delightful effervescent romp through Shakespeare's wonderful comedy. Branagh and Thompson are delicious perfection as Benedick and Beatrice.
July 4, 2013
Shakespeare set to film. I never liked reading Shakespeare and watching is not much better. Updated dialog would have been better.
July 1, 2013
Love, love, love this movie. Oh, and the place where they filmed it? I want to go to there.
½ July 1, 2013
Kate Winslet is so adorable.
June 30, 2013
Kate Beckinsale? Guess i have to see it :(
½ June 23, 2013
See this instead. The definitive version, the one where Thompson and Branagh sparkle with so much chemistry ... you know how when you hear a really good singer you like it so much you actually for a minute think you can sing too? Well, its like that kinda sparkle. And wit (that's Shakespeare's). And maybe the only film to make the Bard 100% comprehensible w/o having yer unemployed English Lit major friends 'splainin' every other line to you. And I think Micheal Keaton's great in this.
April 20, 2013
A total blast, it's an utterly delightful and wonderfully cheerful romantic-comedy that you will just fall in love with. A masterpiece. Director, Kenneth Branagh proves he is a true master of the interpretation of Shakespeare's work and has a wonderful all-star cast to back it up. It's extremely entertaining and tremendously enjoyable. The battle of the sexes has never been this much fun. Kenneth Branagh, Denzel Washington, Robert Sean Leonard, Michael Keaton, Kate Beckinsale, Emma Thompson and Keanu Reeves have sensational chemistry, they show great love and passion to the material and their characters, showing they are having a blast. Branagh and Thompson are excellent. Washington is magnificent. Leonard and Beckinsale are a revelation. Keaton is hilarious. A hilarious and heartfelt movie. A true classic. Shakespeare has never been this much fun. A real gem.
April 17, 2013
A great adaptation. The performances were the most impressive.
½ April 14, 2013
Confusing movie. Probably because I didn't understand most of the vocab. The romance was great though.