Fatal Instinct - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fatal Instinct Reviews

June 28, 2016
If you are the first person in the theater to get the jokes and laugh,, this is your kind of movie. Sean Young and Sherilynn Fenn are luscious. The actors in this great Reiner comedy are superb, the script is perfect and it is a non-stop wink fest. Armand Assante nails it. Do not watch more than the first hour. The comedy ends as it focuses on the dumb story and forgets it all for laughs. The film parodies "Body Heat" not Basic Instinct or Fatal Attraction as the critics say (did they actually watch it?). But it throws in lots of different scenes from many movies.
May 24, 2016
Every person who cares 1 shit for real live comedy rates this movie 100 out of 100.
If you care 1% about comedy you should memorize this movie. Watch it with just the sound. Just the sound with your eyes closed will make you laugh till you choke.
19%????????????????????? should be 100% !!
The most bullshit score on this site is 19% on this masterpiece.
September 24, 2015
An entertaining erotic thriller comedy film that spoofs many movies of the time in a funny way.
½ April 8, 2015
When these parody movies miss,boy do they ever miss.
½ March 6, 2015
Like most post-"Airplane!" parody movies, this one's hit and miss. I think there are an equal number of hits and misses in this one. A lot of fun, especially Sean Young.
January 28, 2015
One of the funnier slapstick spoof movies. Actually, this and "Loaded Weapon 1" from the same year were the last time these types of movies were funny.
½ January 16, 2015
Parody always funny to watch...
½ November 29, 2014
One of the few films to come out during my video store days that I never watched, but I think I made the right call back then and should have stuck with it. It's a "Blazing Saddles" style of comedy that sends up film noir. That was kind of a pleasant surprise because I expected it to be more of a send of contemporary thrillers, but it's solidly targeting detective films of 50 years ago, though it does give a few nods to newer thrillers like "Cape Fear" and "Basic Instinct." The film has a strong cast, which is the main reason I decided to finally watch this film. Armand Assante plays a detective/lawyer who gets involved with femme fetal Sean Young, though his beautiful assistant carries, Sherilyn Fenn, who carries a torch for him. You also get Kate Nelligan, Christopher McDonald, James Remar, Johnny Witherspoon and cameos by Tony Randall, Clarence Clemons, Carl Reiner, Eartha Kitt, bob Uecker, George Lopez, Doc Severinsen, Bill Cobbs and even Dudley Moore in a deleted scene that apparently on the DVD. Carl Reiner directed this throwback comedy, which suits the sensibility of the same person who brought us the brilliant "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" and who is fully capable of delivering strong contemporary style comedies such as "Summer School" or "All of Me" but this film's gags just too often fell flat. One and a half stars for a few gags that work and because I love Sherilyn Fenn.
June 21, 2014
Very funny spoof movie. Well worth watching if nothing else just to see Armand Assante dancing in high heels-skillful and
hilarious at the same time.
½ February 8, 2014
A spoof of the erotic thrillers of the 80s and 90s. Armand Assante plays both a cop and an attorney. Sean Young is the the woman trying to seduce him. In terms of spoofs, this is actually pretty good because it manages to be a decent movie while still pulling in the laughs. His wife wants to kill him to collect on the insurance, and Young finds out and tries to blackmail them. Much better than I anticipated it being and holds up pretty well.
½ July 31, 2013
This spoof ain't spiffy.
July 7, 2013
Not good at all, well maybe watching this some years ago would have helped, but I still remember the movies being made fun of, a few things work, but in general it just isn't funny.
½ May 31, 2013
Having seen 3 or 4 crime drama spoofs in the last coupla weeks let me tell you that it ain't as easy to do as it looks (and yet the pickings so very, very juicy) but Reiner fares well here with both his cast and the Naked Gun style of storytelling, a goulash of goofings garnered and got from 3 or 4 crime dramas like Body Heat and Fatal Attraction, and there are smiles to be had if not outright laffs. A sorely misjudged work.
March 24, 2013
more miss than hit in this spoof of erotic thrillers from the 80's/90's. compared to modern day shite spoofs its a masterpiece but far from the classics like airplane/naked gun
March 9, 2013
Ridiculously unfunny.
February 16, 2013
Carl Reiner directs another spoof, this time on the erotic thriller trend of its time by mixing storylines of different films, mainly Fatal Attraction and Basic Instinct. The pace is kind of overwhelming and frantic, to frantic to make the film enjoyable. Some gags get their laughs, but overall, there is nothing too rewading about this comedy, which is also perhaps too heavily reliant on cheap laughs.
January 26, 2013
Mucho antes de la avalancha de peliculas parodia, estilo Scary Movie y todo lo acabado en Movie, las parodias tambien tenian su sitio. No tenian por desgracia tanto tiron, (excepto aterriza como puedas!!!) pero los momentos divertidos no faltaban. La victima parodiada aqui es la gran instinto basico con Sean Young transformada en la killer Sharon Stone. Divertida a ratos(ese cameo continuo de CLARENCE CLEMONS!!!) con bromas a veces un tanto elementales, pero lo cierto es que un actor como Armand Assante no es capaz de mantener el tono comico durante toda la pelicula...
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
September 28, 2012
Not bad for me , maybe some people find a opposite view!
½ August 19, 2012
Hit or miss spoof. Some great parts, mostly awful.