The Fugitive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fugitive Reviews

November 13, 2016
Fast-paced, suspenseful, and totally unpredictable, watching it for the first time in ages made me realize that I had totally forgotten how exciting and great this film was. Well-directed, well-acted, and well-executed, "The Fugitive" is a great thriller that stands the test of time.
September 26, 2016
Must see entertainment!
½ September 25, 2016
Ford may have a constant worry face on him, but he excels in this what's he going to do next thriller.
½ September 17, 2016
I greatly enjoy this film every time I watch it it! It is a fun thrill ride of a film that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Proud to say that I live right near where it was filmed & I was born the year it came out on St. Patrick's day, when the parade scene takes place!
½ September 17, 2016
September 8, 2016
Wanna see a chase movie done right?
Feast your eyes here.
Still Brilliant. 23 years later.

No matter what you think of Harrison Ford or Tommy Lee Jones, the story is dynamite, and no one can deny the perfectly intense duo of Jones vs. Ford. A true Batman vs Superman epic - without tights or utility belts..
haha

Above it all, the direction is brimming with suspense and compelling details from the ingenious script. Then of course the top notch acting, and the visuals have held up 22 years later. Ok, so the 2-second train wreck jump didnt, but the rest truly IS great, and completely impressive.

It. Is. Awesome.

5 overhead train wrecks out of 5
September 7, 2016
Watched it for the 1st time last summer and loved it so much and it's one of my favorite action movies of all time and It's one of the best movies of the 90's.
August 27, 2016
About as good as a formulaic suspense thriller can be, for me it sets the standard for the genre.
½ August 24, 2016
The Fugitive is one of the best Harrison Ford movies, as well as definitely being on my Top 20 list. This movie is smart, and suspense and good performances make this movie. The way it moves from shot to shot and Dr. Kimble's quick thinking create a very intriguing movie. Watch it, and you'll see what I mean.
½ August 19, 2016
Classic Harrison Ford. This movie featured superb acting, a great plot with great pacing, and action that kept my eyes locked to the screen. It has one of the best improvised moments in cinematic history and that's fitting considering how good of a film it is.
August 14, 2016
A really awful film. The plot simply doesn't work - the mass of unfortunate coincidences is just too much to swallow. Harrison Ford is OK when shot through with bullets but is totally unconvincing when trying to be a 'normal' doctor. BTW the hair-do for the first 20 minutes of the film merots a golden turkey award. Diving from the top of a 300 or so foot dam and arriving at the bottom unscathed... sorry that doesn't work. At some moments at the start the actors too seem to have trouble taking the whole thing seriously.
August 8, 2016
Enthralling from start to finish and and anchored by Ford and Jones at their best.
August 5, 2016
Terrific adaptation of TV show. Ford is perfect so is Lee. LOVE THIS DANG MOVIE!
½ August 1, 2016
So. Damn. Good. "I thought you didn't care."

"I don't."
jamrcla
½ July 3, 2016
A very well told gripping film from start to finish, Brilliantly acted by Ford and Jones, Very well told story but it's too predictable and we all know how it was going to end, But it's one of Fords best films outside of Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
½ July 1, 2016
Fast-paced, well-acted and thrilling.
June 17, 2016
Extremely well made with excellent acting and plot
June 13, 2016
The Fugitive is one of the best and most intense thrillers that I have ever seen that contains the perfect story about a doctor who is falsely committed of murder and escapes jail from an accident involving a prison bus and is on the run as a fugitive trying to clear his innocence. This film contains the best cast, scripts, and situations ever to be brought into a thriller and thats why I watch it continuously and recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.
June 3, 2016
Action Packed entertainment is what makes this movie one of the best. Engaging story line and strong performances from Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford also help. 5 stars.