The Fugitive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fugitive Reviews

½ October 12, 2017
Fantastic thriller/mystery film that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Harrison Ford is great as the surgeon turned fugitive desperately trying to clear his name and figure out who killed his wife. Tommy Lee Jones also gives a great performance as the no nonsense US marshal who is out to get his man no matter what. The whole movie is brought up a notch with a terrific score from James Newton Howard
October 2, 2017
Very good film! 10/10
½ October 1, 2017
The Fugitive is an amazing action and adventure film with amazing thrills throughout! The performances by the whole cast are great and it got Tommy Lee Jones an Oscar for best supporting actor! It's exhilarating and intense with good direction and is thoroughly entertaining!
½ September 17, 2017
This movie plays the two main leads very well, but not with other characters. The editing, contrasting music and pacing are controlled well enough to deliver what audiences expect. While the two men are carefully looked at and shown to be great at odds with each other, all other characters are shown to be for and against them.
½ August 30, 2017
(5.5 out of 6)* suspense + twists & turns + duality
When we don't see how we can get out of some incidents when we are in too deep. When the law doesn't see it our way, when the law goes based on little it sees to get us in prison. When what gets us out is others finding away to draw those in when we need to fight our way through. When we see being out we never belonged in the first place we still believe in ourselves doing the right thing. When we see what gets us in is knowing the ins and outs of places we know all to well. When what gets us in and out are the disguises we wear to impersonate what others can't see. When what others see gets us further in the chase when we are spotted. When we see that there are no way outs left to go to only find the last place out that could kill us. When we dont see how we get out of tough situations but we do when out will and determination gets us out. When we see what gets others in is by helping us that they rather stay out when we are alone to get out of some messes. When what we don't see what gets us deeper in being caught are the traces that lurks us out. When we see the clues that others need to find that gets us out or in we need to go deeper into places where they are. When we see what gets in and out is the access we know how to get in and pull out the right information. When we see why we got in this profession in the first place is to help people not kill them. When what we dont see we need to get in to see. When others see what we see we see we need to get out when the chase is on us. When we see that we need to blend in more when we are out in broad daylight for all to see. When we see time is of the essence when we need to bring in those who are a danger to justice. When we see following the clues leads us to those who got us in some places in the first place. When we don't see why others would want to see us out when our profession is competitive and being out of date is not needed when new advances are what's in. When we see those who are close to us, and part of our community know what gets in and what gets out when they provide the funding and acceptance to all advances. When we see what gets in sometimes needs to get out when liability and things that go wrong need to be stopped. When we see somethings that many dedicate their time and money too they don't want to be kept out when reputations are at stake. When we see only a few know how to get in on some advances that have control to see it out to only get rid of other things out in order to save themselves. When others can't see how advanced some people are in getting in and framing those out they see they have been chasing the wrong person. When we the justice system is blind and keeps those in their grips guilty or not guilty to get themselves out from it.
August 27, 2017
Harrison Ford gives a fantastic performance. Thrilling to the end.
½ August 22, 2017
When Dr. Richard Kimble is falsely accused of murdering his wife, he has to jump out of a pipe down a waterfall.
August 16, 2017
This Film Did Appear On Roger Ebert's, Gene Siskel's And Jay Sherman's Best Of 1993 Lists.
½ August 10, 2017
Wonderful thriller about a guy on the run from the cops after he is wrongly accused of murdering his wife. Harrison Ford is his usual awesome acting self. Tommy Lee Jones deserved his awards. Great movie.
June 23, 2017
This is a great film! I think the scenes like the bus train crash, the water fall scene, and more of those best scenes are a suspended twist in the story. 10/10 (Best film since Inside Out)
June 17, 2017
This is an expertly crafted suspense-thriller. I believe it is nearly flawless for the first hour and a half. When the film reaches the climax, that is where it loses much of the suspense and mystery that made the first half so great. The explanation makes sense for the plot and is believable, but left me feeling unsatisfied. Because the story is so engaging and exciting for the first half, I am willing to overlook the fact that the entire story began because a bus crashed and landed on train tracks, which was very unbelievable and coincidental.
June 17, 2017
June 15, 2017
-Interesting
-Action packed
-Great storyline
½ May 30, 2017
How much more could the skate mysterious well the only way to find out is to see it, along with that I would say this movie is a bit serious but it has Harrison Ford in this movie which he is a good actor I found Harrison Ford to be a bit funny!
May 1, 2017
Grade - A+
One of my personal all-time favourites, 'The Fugitive' has everything, with stunning performances (especially by Tommy Lee Jones) and a great story-line.
April 23, 2017
If we're talking about my favorite movie just to watch, hands down it would The Fugitive. This is, in my opinion, the most entertaining movie ever made. It is an action-packed, suspenseful game of cat-and-mouse that has us on the edge of our seats all the way up until the closing credits. It is not only fun and entertaining, but intriguing and interesting as well. I don't often site performances as part of the reason for a movie being great, but here it most certainly is. It stars my two favorite actors - Harrison Ford, playing the innocent man on the run after being accused of murdering his wife, and Tommy Lee Jones, the clever, cunning U.S. Marshall on his tail. All the while, Dr. Richard Kimble (Ford) pursues his own investigation into who really killed his wife, the infamous one-armed man. There are so many great, thrilling sequences in this movie, and it is one of the few thrillers to fully deliver on its exciting presence. It creates an atmosphere of fun and tension, and with some of the best and most entertaining performances I've ever seen, this is no doubt one of my all time favorite movies of all time.
March 20, 2017
Great chase film. Great acting from the two leads. A classic.
March 11, 2017
This was one of the best action films I have ever seen! The characters are brilliantly acted and written, the action is breathtaking, and the story and drama are superb. The story stars Harrison Ford playing Dr. Richard Kimble who comes home to find his Wife murdered by a one-armed man, and is blamed for her death and is sentenced to death. A twist of fate occurs however on the way to the death house, as the prison bus gets in an accident, giving Kimble the chance to escape. What really blew me away is how real the characters felt to me. I was at the edge of my seat the whole movie hoping for the main character to succeed. This is a brilliant and enjoyable film and I give it a perfect score of 5/5 stars.
March 6, 2017
Could have really been any better? The ending is easily predictable, but it doesn't matter, as the film and characters are just too captivating.
February 5, 2017
need to rewatch this to really give it a rating