The Fugitive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fugitive Reviews

March 11, 2017
This was one of the best action films I have ever seen! The characters are brilliantly acted and written, the action is breathtaking, and the story and drama are superb. The story stars Harrison Ford playing Dr. Richard Kimble who comes home to find his Wife murdered by a one-armed man, and is blamed for her death and is sentenced to death. A twist of fate occurs however on the way to the death house, as the prison bus gets in an accident, giving Kimble the chance to escape. What really blew me away is how real the characters felt to me. I was at the edge of my seat the whole movie hoping for the main character to succeed. This is a brilliant and enjoyable film and I give it a perfect score of 5/5 stars.
March 6, 2017
Could have really been any better? The ending is easily predictable, but it doesn't matter, as the film and characters are just too captivating.
February 5, 2017
need to rewatch this to really give it a rating
January 25, 2017
What a ride from beginning to end.
January 23, 2017
Harrison ford was amazing love the movie
January 15, 2017
It's high octane and non-stop; showing that Harrison Ford was far from done in the action genre.
January 13, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 21, 2016
The Fugitive shows that a film can somehow avoid intense violence and keep you intensely thrilled as you watch.
½ December 14, 2016
Hard to fault this fantastic 90's action-thriller. Though it could be argued that the ending is a bit convoluted and the film is CERTAINLY full of some 90's genre cliches, overall it's a fun, fast-paced and well-edited romp. Tommy Lee Jones is sensational.
December 11, 2016
Best eacaping prisoner movie ever. Started the trend
December 6, 2016
A timeless classic that sees Harrison Ford investigate his own wrongful conviction, never get tired of this film.
November 13, 2016
Fast-paced, suspenseful, and totally unpredictable, watching it for the first time in ages made me realize that I had totally forgotten how exciting and great this film was. Well-directed, well-acted, and well-executed, "The Fugitive" is a great thriller that stands the test of time.
September 26, 2016
Must see entertainment!
½ September 25, 2016
Ford may have a constant worry face on him, but he excels in this what's he going to do next thriller.
½ September 17, 2016
I greatly enjoy this film every time I watch it it! It is a fun thrill ride of a film that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Proud to say that I live right near where it was filmed & I was born the year it came out on St. Patrick's day, when the parade scene takes place!
½ September 17, 2016
September 8, 2016
Wanna see a chase movie done right?
Feast your eyes here.
Still Brilliant. 23 years later.

No matter what you think of Harrison Ford or Tommy Lee Jones, the story is dynamite, and no one can deny the perfectly intense duo of Jones vs. Ford. A true Batman vs Superman epic - without tights or utility belts..
haha

Above it all, the direction is brimming with suspense and compelling details from the ingenious script. Then of course the top notch acting, and the visuals have held up 22 years later. Ok, so the 2-second train wreck jump didnt, but the rest truly IS great, and completely impressive.

It. Is. Awesome.

5 overhead train wrecks out of 5
September 7, 2016
Watched it for the 1st time last summer and loved it so much and it's one of my favorite action movies of all time and It's one of the best movies of the 90's.
August 27, 2016
About as good as a formulaic suspense thriller can be, for me it sets the standard for the genre.