Fearless - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fearless Reviews

October 19, 2016
Saw this on 19/10/16
peter Weir's film is good on parts wherein it is mostly gripping for most of its running time while it remains flat so as to abide by the rules of morality. Jeff Bridges and the rest of the cast is good in this film.
October 17, 2016
It may be too melodramatic at times but it works 100% well to create emotions it tries to elicit from the audience.
September 12, 2016
After it's over and you think about it more and more, the themes of this film impacts you deeply.
August 22, 2016
Powerful. Stirring. Therapeutic. Fearless is a terrific film from director Peter Weir about a man healing and trying to come back to life after surviving a plane crash. A tough and thoroughly hard to watch journey, Jeff Bridges is stunning in the lead role as a man who tries to grapple with what he saw and come to grips to with what happened. As he is dragged in every direction, he finds one solace: saving others. Unfortunately, he cannot save himself and must bring himself back to life along the way. From beginning to end, the emotion of the film takes centerstage and really does sweep you up as you watch this man struggle with this tragedy and even his own role in its aftermath. Packed to the brim with great acting and directing, terrific character development, and great writing, Fearless is a drama film that has considerable heart and packs an emotional punch that leaves you both elated and on the brink of tears.
July 19, 2016
This is a fantastic character study which expertly details someone's transformation after they survive a horrific plane crash.

After a man survives a plane crash, he is hailed as a hero because he lead several other survivors to safety. This has a negative effect on his personality though and he then meets another survivor who lost her baby in the disaster.

The movie has great character development as we get to know more about Max and Carla. The movie makes us care for them and we get to experience their change throughout the film. This movie has the tendency to catch you off guard and it can surprise you're least expecting it.

Probably the most memorable scene is the plane crash scene. It is frighteningly realistic. It shows the force of the wind and Earth ripping apart the aircraft. It is a horrifying scene and a horrifying memory which changed the characters life forever. It is a scene that will stick with you long after viewing it.

This movie isn't perfect though. There are a few moments where the movie can be slow and a bit too long but other that, it's an underrated gem which will stick with you for a long time.
½ July 10, 2016
It's pretty stupid he crashes his car into a brick wall to prove something. There's being "fearless" and then being a complete knob
March 18, 2016
Very good performance by Jeff Bridges, but that Rosie Perez is always typecasted into attention seeking self-centered roles.
½ March 16, 2016
a very good, powerful, underrated flick directed by Peter Weir an starring Jeff Bridges
½ January 15, 2016
Fantasise performance from Geff - I real deep performance
November 6, 2015
I liked it. it's quirky, feel good drama. I felt myself drawn to like and dislike the PTSD protagonist so thoroughly throughout the film. this is an achievement. of course Jeff Bridges is great. there are also nice nuggets in the script about life's meaning, faith, morality, fidelity, etc. that aren't preachy but open ended. overall it's a bit cheesy but in that 90s drama kind of way that I was raised on.
½ September 17, 2015
Outstanding performance by Bridges,good not great movie.
August 20, 2015
Now this was great movie! I really loved the way Jeff Bridges made us feel for this character, dealing with the fact that he should have been killed in a plane crash and learning how to live on with other survivors. I thought the story was incredibly moving and would relate to a lot of people who live with this trauma every day. Such a great film. Recommend seeing it if you haven't yet.
½ July 10, 2015
7 - I fucking hate Rosie Perez. Especially her stupid fucking accent.
June 7, 2015
A highly underrated drama that more people should see and appreciate. Held up by Peter Weir's excellent direction and Jeff Brdiges' amazing performance, this is a movie that almost hypnotizes you and keeps you interested to the very end. Rarely a happy movie, it is still a fantastic piece of cinema.
½ March 23, 2015
Gratamente sorprendido con esta original, impredecible y muy bien actuada cinta.
March 15, 2015
Jeff bridges. ::drops Mic:: oh, also Isabella Rossellini, Rosie Perez, John Turturro, Tom Hulce, benicio del Toro... Damn
February 27, 2015
I've never been brought to tears as rapidly as I was at the end of this movie. Weir is one of the greats.
February 6, 2015
Directed by Peter Weir, and written by Rafael Yglesias from his own novel. This came about after Weir had struggled to find a suitable follow-up to Green Card (1990), but after reading Yglesias' book, he was inspired and saw it as a very human story. It's actually a very underrated film from Weir, it has a brilliant lead performance by one of the best actors of our time, and it has a very good supporting cast too. After a plane crashes on route from San Francisco to Houston somewhere in rural California, architect Max Klein (Jeff Bridges) is one of the survivors, he's found by many of the emergency services helping people out of the wreckage and comforting them. However, Max walks away, rents a car and drives away to Los Angeles. He doesn't seem to have a sense of fear anymore, and when he returns home to San Francisco, he gains a lot media attention, but Max seems to politely shun it. Psychiatrist Dr. Bill Perlman (John Turturro) believes Max is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and it's made Max distant from his wife Laura (Isabella Rossellini). It's a different kind of film, and it would make a good companion piece with Robert Zemeckis' Flight (2012), Bridges gives one of his best performances and this should have been a massive success, given the prestigious pedigree this film has, however it didn't click with cinema audiences at the time, which is a massive shame.
January 7, 2015
A top fav film of mine about plane crash survivors.
Brilliant, one-of-a-kind script goes where I've never seen one go before or since. It plums the depth of survivor's guilt with compassion, authenticity, clarity and an understanding that's unmatched.
Highly emotional but incredibly rewarding.
Bridges is a marvel, supported by a perfect cast, but Rosie Perez is the heart of the film as a young mother who is in the throws of grief over losing her child.
Her scene of walking through a mall feeling invisible - that was revelatory to me.
All this, and the ever elegant Isabella Rossellini adds Grace and earnestness as the supportive yet neglected wife, and the surprisingly well timed comedy relief by Tom Hulse keeps this from getting maudlin or dour.
If you can handle the intricacies of the subject matter, this is a movie the doctor might order for those needing to deal w a dark place, survivor's guilt, rage, PTSD, or for me, numbness - this is your movie.
The traumatic ending brings a light to that darkness, that confusion, that numb place.
A stunner, not to be missed.

5 out of 5
October 6, 2014
Powerful. One of Jeff Bridges' best performances and Rosie Perez was phenomenal. Peter Weir has made some great movies but this is by far his best. Great screenplay and great pacing. The movie is 2 hours long but they went by super fast.