The Three Musketeers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Three Musketeers Reviews

April 29, 2014
Good songs (Sting). For some aspects, it is only a 2.5 stars movie, but it seems that modern movies push this one up to the quintaessencial movie about first chapter of this story.
April 21, 2014
Maybe not the most accurate or layered adaptation of Dumas' tale, Disney's 90s version still offers a decent swashbuckler. A charismatic cast, special points towards the great Wincott as Rochefort, alongside some nifty sword fights, and a playful score by Michael Kamen do help.
April 6, 2014
Creativity is good. Got nice humour as well. Enjoyable movie.
February 3, 2014
This blast from the past was a favourite and truly one of the best cast versions there is.
December 26, 2013
It's purely entertaining and it's executed quite well, but anyone looking for more will not find it here.
December 25, 2013
Alexandre Dumas for a younger generation who are perhaps too time-conscious to sit with his paperweight novel. There's enough fun here to carry the film through, though it would've benefited from a snappier pace.
October 3, 2013
This movie is without a doubt equal in caliber to me as "The Princess Bride" because of the use of fantastic swordwork, SETS YES REAL PHYSICAL SETS AND NOT A GREEN SCREEN and the story that develops over the course of the movie. The cast fits with O'Donnel a convincingly young and stupid D'Artagnan and the remaining Musketeers filled by the like of some very funny and serious actors in Platt, Sheen and Sutherland. Tim Curry is deliciously evil and Roshwart's voice terrifies me with its grittiness. There are a few too many coincidences in the movie at times but this just adds to the overall feel to me.
September 24, 2013
A very poor disney effort. Not really worth watching.
½ September 5, 2013
A guilty pleasure. I've never enjoyed Chris O'Donnell as an actor, but I enjoyed the Musketeers themselves and Tim Curry is always fun to watch.
August 17, 2013
All For One, One For All. Great Sword Play!
July 27, 2013
Entertaining and fun movie with great cast and well-acted... Enjoyable!. =D
½ July 7, 2013
Something with the title The Three Musketeers should be more intelligent and entertaining.
½ June 19, 2013
This movie has the primeval stirrings of what will become the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. We get good swashbuckling action and witty banter to go with it. However, the acting and directing are dreadful. Mostly, Chris O'Donnell reaches an obnoxious low and Charlie Sheen sounds like he's reciting lines just well enough to duck out for some tiger blood and strippers.
June 18, 2013
I don't think Tim Curry has ever had a bad performance and he is delicious as the bad guy in this one. Oliver Platt steals the show, though, with his wit and one-liners.
June 15, 2013
Best action movie that Disney made back in the day.
½ June 14, 2013
Good adaptation of The Three Musketeers. More on the funny side. Family movie.
May 25, 2013
I do enjoy this movie; every actor plays his role and delivers the serious or comedic lines just so. The music swells at all the right places, to serious and comedic affect!
May 16, 2013
Contrary to the slogan, this is not one for all. I liked it a lot as a kid but not nearly as much as an adult.
½ May 4, 2013
l still prefer the early Muskeeter's films over this one.
April 29, 2013
Good movie, great job of acting by Sutherland.