Alice in Wonderland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alice in Wonderland Reviews

January 14, 2016
I LOVE this movie! I wish more people knew about this movie, and less about the crappy Tim Burton version.
March 15, 2015
This is one of the version I like very much! Very true to the original!
½ March 2, 2015
How did the Tomatometer rating fall so short for this? It's an all star cast in a classic tale.
October 10, 2014
Best Alice adaptation with a good cast and very creative and original, but with a bad graphics. Interesting screenplay.
½ August 6, 2014
July 11, 2014
The poster and year are correct, but the bio and cast are incorrect and refer to the 1951 Disney animated film, which has nothing to do with this movie
February 23, 2014
Perfectly encaptions both books and is a joy to every age, those who don't like it merely don't understand it's..... Carrolness
December 30, 2013
I feel all of the all star cast in this movie was a little overkill. Granted Luis Carlos? Alice in Wonderland? Is a classic and deserve from film to tell it well and capture the adventure and imagination in all this was certainly the case, unfortunately, this is one film that I feel only benefited a younger audience as much, the famous actors could be quite lost of them.
August 19, 2013
This Decent & Enjoyable Version Of The Classic Is Sadly Over killed With Its All Star Cast, & Its Flat Filmmaking But You Cant Expect Much From This TV Production But Still Manages To Be Enjoyable Enough Though
July 1, 2013
This is by far the best film based on the film. It's such a pity that it doesn't have the reputation it deserves.
March 6, 2013
a fun movie to watch. Great story.
February 10, 2013
my daughter loved it...
½ February 7, 2013
This the best adaptation I've seen of the book in terms of concept, ideas and realization. It brought to life the madness and truth of the book wonderfully. A better cast and higher budget could've made this into a classic film.
January 6, 2013
This version is the beast and it stay true to the original story
December 18, 2012
too anticlimactic. the movie ended suddenly and that was it's only strong point: it's ending. I love Alice in Wonderland movies usually but this one was disappointing.
November 21, 2012
Alice in Wonderland is my thing. Don't even get me STARTED. This may have been a commercial failure, but this was the BEST Alice in Wonderland movie I've seen. The characters and songs are so endearing. Come the fuck on, WHOOPI GOLDBERG was the cheshire cat. The portrayal was not overly bright and happy, and maintained a certain aged feel, which I appreciate. Wonderland isn't supposed to always look like it's colours on crack.
November 18, 2012
Not sure why this movie description is talking about the cartoon version --- I'm looking to see the 1999 TV-movie version from Hallmark
October 12, 2012
However, the pacing is somewhat bogged down by insignificant long scenes (eg. the Griffon and Mock Turtle, the Library and the Greenhouse Gardeners). While all the players are delightful as the strange inhabitants of Wonderland, Martin Short steals the show with his interpretation of the Mad Hatter. The best aspect of the mini-series is the wonderfully imaginative production design, including the White Rabbit's house that folds up into a giant pop-up book, the woods that come in golden-lit hues with checkerboard patterned grass trails, and the courtroom that is designed like a giant deck of cards. All the creatures - the Dormouse, the Cheshire Cat, the March Hare, the flamingos and hedgehogs, the Gryphon, the White Rabbit - are given wonderful life by the Jim Henson Creature Workshop. Particularly surreal is the Lobster Quadrille dance, which offers up the bizarre sight of dancing porpoises, snails and lobsters. The story has a nice theme of Alice's Wonderland encounters helping her gain confidence to perform a a song in at her parents' tea party.

VERDICT: "In The Zone" - [Mixed Reaction] These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own. If you consider cinema, ask for people's opinion on the film. (Films that are rated 2.5 or 3 stars)