Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Reviews

June 7, 2017
A masterpiece in the line of Disney animation
May 27, 2017
Nothing short of pure perfection.
May 7, 2017
The story doesn't have that much substance and the main character and her love interest are admittedly bland and arguably useless, but the songs are all a bunch of catchy earworms, the animation is way ahead of its time (especially by 1930s standards), the villain is pretty intimidating and badass, and the side characters are all lovable and memorable. A solid start for feature-length Disney animation and one of cinema history's biggest landmarks.
May 1, 2017
Now this movie was the first Disney movie ever made and it is a good fairytale to watch and the songs where great!
½ April 14, 2017
Disney's first feature animated film. It makes me think that when he made this movie, it wasn't his first, it felt like he'd been making movies like this for years. Saying that shows just how gorgeous the animation and the story is! An immediate classic as soon as it came out in 1937! Though the princess and Prince are a tad bland for my taste, but that's not what makes this movie beautiful! It's the magic that was put into this movie, thanks to this movie there is even more animated movies out there today! A true masterpiece! 4.5/5 from me!
March 19, 2017
she was a minor living with 7 men, and the prince kissed a kinda dead girl
January 14, 2017
Can't go wrong with a Disney classic. The aptly named dwarfs steal the show. Still entertaining to this day.
December 29, 2016
The villainess is one of the things that makes this film. She's crazy!
December 26, 2016
10 out of 10:

Now this is classic Disney.
½ December 2, 2016
As the pioneer for Disney feature length animations, Snow White does an excellent job in both the visual and audio departments, especially considering its 1937 release year.
December 1, 2016
The legendary kickoff to the Disney franchise. It's the standard-bearer of it's kind.
November 30, 2016
Unforgettable! The mother film of Disney.
November 20, 2016
Snow White and the seven dwarfs
November 14, 2016
This was a pretty great movie. It made me feel homey and young at heart once more but there were certain instances where I didn't quite appreciate it to its full potential.

Let's just say that times have changed and the comments made by Grumpy about women were a bit uncalled for to be honest. This, I feel, goes hand in hand with the dwarfs expecting Snow White to do all the housework and cooking. Women shouldn't have to do it all themselves. Men are required to help out too. But I understand that the movie was written this way because of the time period and that's how a lot of people did things and how many men thought things should be.

I also disliked the mannerisms of the queen/witch. She was very abusive and harsh. But again, I understand that that's the character.

I've also realized that due to the time period, Walt Disney didn't hire many women to work on his films and I wish he did because they are genius.

Overall, I'd give this film about a four stars. With all things considered, it was a pretty great film.
November 14, 2016
With timeless music and characters, lush animation and its landmark contribution to cinema; it's clear why "Snow White and the seven dwarfs" is often regarded as the greatest animated film ever made.
November 2, 2016
Capable of making audiences feel every possible human emotion, the first ever full-length animated feature remains on of the most timeless movies of all time.
October 13, 2016
top of the line animation and characterizations
September 18, 2016