Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Reviews

January 14, 2017
Can't go wrong with a Disney classic. The aptly named dwarfs steal the show. Still entertaining to this day.
December 29, 2016
The villainess is one of the things that makes this film. She's crazy!
December 26, 2016
10 out of 10:

Now this is classic Disney.
½ December 2, 2016
As the pioneer for Disney feature length animations, Snow White does an excellent job in both the visual and audio departments, especially considering its 1937 release year.
December 1, 2016
The legendary kickoff to the Disney franchise. It's the standard-bearer of it's kind.
November 30, 2016
Unforgettable! The mother film of Disney.
November 20, 2016
Snow White and the seven dwarfs
November 14, 2016
This was a pretty great movie. It made me feel homey and young at heart once more but there were certain instances where I didn't quite appreciate it to its full potential.

Let's just say that times have changed and the comments made by Grumpy about women were a bit uncalled for to be honest. This, I feel, goes hand in hand with the dwarfs expecting Snow White to do all the housework and cooking. Women shouldn't have to do it all themselves. Men are required to help out too. But I understand that the movie was written this way because of the time period and that's how a lot of people did things and how many men thought things should be.

I also disliked the mannerisms of the queen/witch. She was very abusive and harsh. But again, I understand that that's the character.

I've also realized that due to the time period, Walt Disney didn't hire many women to work on his films and I wish he did because they are genius.

Overall, I'd give this film about a four stars. With all things considered, it was a pretty great film.
November 14, 2016
With timeless music and characters, lush animation and its landmark contribution to cinema; it's clear why "Snow White and the seven dwarfs" is often regarded as the greatest animated film ever made.
November 2, 2016
Capable of making audiences feel every possible human emotion, the first ever full-length animated feature remains on of the most timeless movies of all time.
October 13, 2016
top of the line animation and characterizations
September 18, 2016
A true Disney classic!
September 18, 2016
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs holds up weirdly well considering it is from 1937. The animation looks very good, and the songs are pretty catchy. I liked the Snow White character a lot. But I didn't really care about the dwarfs, and the story was a bit thin in my opinion.
August 15, 2016
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is a classic! It's not only my favorite Disney film, it is also my favorite film of all-time. The characters are very memorable, the animation holds up very well to this day, and the songs are some of the best in Disney history.
½ August 12, 2016
With help from Taylor:
As a whole the movie has a pleasant soundtrack with some great songs like "Hi-Ho" and "Someday my Prince Will Come" but no songs you would find Taylor singing in the shower. Characters are great though Snow White is a little too stereotypically feminine (flailing her arms around like wet noodles, cooking, cleaning) but she is still enchanting. The Evil Queen is fittingly devious and the seven dwarfs are all entertaining, each with their own moment to shine. Overall, Snow White is a classic and sets the bar high for Disney films to come.
½ August 12, 2016
½ August 3, 2016
I have never hated a girl more in my life. I wanted to hit her every single time she opened her mouth. I gave half a star. 1/4 for the dwarves. 1/4 for the queen. Everyone else in the movie infuriated me and, were they real people, I would seek them out and ruin their lives. I hope Snow White gets hit in the back of the head with a rake.
½ August 1, 2016
Tiny German woman runs away from evil drag queen step mom. She then decides the safest route is to hide in a cottage with seven small old men whose names are all emotions. There's even Sneezy, a dwarf who has allergies and therefore that is his life. She likes to make pies with birds because that's not contaminating at all. She's also a little bit stupid, as ugly zit woman hands her mysterious Apple dripping in goo to which Snow White is like yum! and eats it on the spot. She then fake dies and is in a glass coffin. Then dude she's never met kisses her dead body and she wakes up and they ride off on a horse to where he's probably kidnapping her. The end.