Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Reviews

September 18, 2016
A true Disney classic!
September 18, 2016
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs holds up weirdly well considering it is from 1937. The animation looks very good, and the songs are pretty catchy. I liked the Snow White character a lot. But I didn't really care about the dwarfs, and the story was a bit thin in my opinion.
August 15, 2016
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is a classic! It's not only my favorite Disney film, it is also my favorite film of all-time. The characters are very memorable, the animation holds up very well to this day, and the songs are some of the best in Disney history.
½ August 12, 2016
With help from Taylor:
As a whole the movie has a pleasant soundtrack with some great songs like "Hi-Ho" and "Someday my Prince Will Come" but no songs you would find Taylor singing in the shower. Characters are great though Snow White is a little too stereotypically feminine (flailing her arms around like wet noodles, cooking, cleaning) but she is still enchanting. The Evil Queen is fittingly devious and the seven dwarfs are all entertaining, each with their own moment to shine. Overall, Snow White is a classic and sets the bar high for Disney films to come.
½ August 12, 2016
½ August 3, 2016
I have never hated a girl more in my life. I wanted to hit her every single time she opened her mouth. I gave half a star. 1/4 for the dwarves. 1/4 for the queen. Everyone else in the movie infuriated me and, were they real people, I would seek them out and ruin their lives. I hope Snow White gets hit in the back of the head with a rake.
½ August 1, 2016
Tiny German woman runs away from evil drag queen step mom. She then decides the safest route is to hide in a cottage with seven small old men whose names are all emotions. There's even Sneezy, a dwarf who has allergies and therefore that is his life. She likes to make pies with birds because that's not contaminating at all. She's also a little bit stupid, as ugly zit woman hands her mysterious Apple dripping in goo to which Snow White is like yum! and eats it on the spot. She then fake dies and is in a glass coffin. Then dude she's never met kisses her dead body and she wakes up and they ride off on a horse to where he's probably kidnapping her. The end.
August 1, 2016
- Watched again on Blu-ray, and was blown away. The film looks spectacular, especially considering it's almost 80 years old. Stunning animation and a must for all film lovers.

- Not my favourite Disney film, but I must say the animation is amazing, especially considering it's over 80 yrs old and the story is entertainingly told. Recommended!
July 22, 2016
A flawless and timeless masterpiece. Easily one of the most important films ever made.
½ July 21, 2016
This is "the one started it all" and it is another of of Disney's best efforts.
½ July 20, 2016
Not my favorite Disney film but it's funny in places but got too serious and dark very quick and ruined it for me.
½ July 7, 2016
It has characters that are entertaining. It has a simple story that shows it can still make a masterpiece. It has songs that are as memorable as they are fun. And it has animation that is absolutely groundbreaking.
June 5, 2016
One of Disney's Best Films. With stunning animation that brought the norm of animation and great for the entire family.
June 3, 2016
Wonderful, unforgettable movie. The songs, the art going into the backgrounds,
and the story itself are beautiful.
June 1, 2016
This film, the first full-length animated movie, set the standard in animated movies for decades to come. Right from the opening scene, you can see the attention given to detail and colour. Though the story is a little sentimental at times, there is enough charm, gags, pathos and cute animals (especially the rabbits) make this thoroughly enjoyable. Throw in a few memorable songs and we have an all time classic. Considered the greatest animated film of all time. My equal favourite film of 1937. 1001
½ May 30, 2016
Another excellent disney film.
½ May 27, 2016
Getting over some technical issues with the narrative. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is the maximum highlight of animation, it not only marks as a classic for generations to come, but thanks to Disney in its era, animation was introduced to the masses and inspired more people to make great movies as the years went by.
½ May 17, 2016
My parents took me to see this, the very first movie I saw in a theatre. They were aware of stories of children being traumatized by fear of the evil witch and cautiously watched me throughout. At the end, as the dwarves chased the old witch up the rocks in the rain at night, I sat calmly. When the lightening. struck, knocking the screaming witch off into oblivion, I matter-of-factly said, "Well, there goes the old witch," and put my folks at ease. Disney's first full-length animated feature is still one of the best and most iconic.
April 30, 2016
A fantastic Disney classic!
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs fact: First Disney movie ever made.
½ April 20, 2016
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is an absolute abomination! The film is by no means a good example of what a children's film ought to be. Snow White is the embodiment of girlish sweetness and kindness, exemplified in her love for the birds and the small animals of the woods. Like most other Disney princesses such as Cinderella and Belle, Snow White is just another young princess with red lips, white skin, a skinny body, and a beautiful face. Even the magic mirror describes her as the girl with "lips red as the rose, hair black as ebony, [and] skin white as snow". From the very beginning, there's a huge emphasis put on Snow White's beauty. She's the "fairest" of the land. In other words, she's the prettiest. Not only is she pretty, though. She cooks and cleans too! In Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Disney created a stereotypical depiction of how they think women should behave. A good children's movie doesn't portray women in such a biased way. And since Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is a children's movie, I simply can't endorse it.
Throughout the film, Snow White is really only a plot point. She doesn't think for herself. She doesn't really do anything. Well, I guess that's not true. She embodies the image of a perfect woman. For instance as soon as Snow White enters the little house in the middle of the forest she criticizes the fact that the people who love in it are untidy and dirty. She decides to clean up the house without even knowing who lives in it. And cleaning the house was actually a pleasant activity for her. She loved it! This film influences girls to believe that they too should too clean. Unbelievable.Also, throughout the entire movie, all Snow White does is think about her handsome prince whom she will marry one day. But how many times does he appear in the film? He only appears twice. He's seen in the beginning and the end of the movie. Yet as the story goes, the prince ends up being the one who saves the day. He rescues Snow White from her apparent death. Snow White was rescued by her prince and therefore entered his life instead of creating her own.
As a mother of two little girls, I personally believe that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs would be a terrible influence on my daughters. I wouldn't allow for them to watch it. I professionally believe that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs misses the most important element that every children's movie should have: a good lesson. For that reason, I give this film a very poor rating.
Save your children from being brainwashed, don't let them watch this film.