Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Reviews

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Nov 15, 2019

The movie has become so iconic and integral to the Disney "Brand" that discussions about its artistic merits have mostly been forgotten. That's a shame because this is the purest fairy tale adaption they ever did and the animation is truly stunning.

• Oct 27, 2019

I found this movie to be quite interesting. Well, yes it is very emotionally driven, the story is lacking, but characters make up for it. At the end you want to see Snow White find her Prince Charming. The actual reason I would definitely recommend this movie, though, is the artwork. Recently there has been a drought of hand drawn films, so this was a breath of fresh air. Seeing the fine lines in every character, and the beautiful background really gave me an extra "umph" of appreciation for this film. Not to say that digitally animated movies don't take effort. This movie may be lacking on the story side so if you are looking for something along the lines of that skip this movie. Otherwise, it's a great flick.

• Oct 13, 2019

Great for it's time, abit slow but still a childhood classic.

Great for it's time, abit slow but still a childhood classic.

• Oct 11, 2019

The most iconic and important animated movie of all time! To keep in mind how the movie was made back then in the 30s and what risks the company and Walt Disney himself committed to... It's just an awesome result and I think I've watched it more often than The Lion King from 1994 which I certainly watched over 50 times haha A true milestone in movie history! Thank you, Walt!

• Oct 10, 2019

Solid pacing, beautiful music, loveable characters--this film is the debut other studios should dream for.

• Sep 26, 2019

Phenomenal animation for its time. Everyone can remember singing along to the seven dwarves songs.

• Sep 12, 2019

I think it so amazing it lets you know that jealousy and murder are never good to feel within you and that good always triumphs. The seven dwarfs are so funny. its a fairytale with romance and a happy ending.

• Sep 04, 2019

While outdated by modern standards, Snow White manages to charm and delight its viewers with its charismatic lead, wickedly antagonizing villain, and strong supporting cast of characters. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is not only the start of The Disney Empire, it's also a very important piece of history as it's the pioneer of color animation feature films.

• Aug 16, 2019

An incredibly impressive movie especially for it's time.

An incredibly impressive movie especially for it's time.

• Jul 28, 2019