Heidi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heidi Reviews

April 16, 2016
Insanely touching and well-crafted, I definitely prefer this version over the Shirley Temple film, which was also incredibly enjoyable. I have not read the novel, but after watching this much more detailed adaptation, I definitely plan to. This isn't quite as dark as the Temple film, and the performances, especially from Heidi, her grandfather and Peter's grandmother are wonderful. I cried so many times during this movie that I lost count. But never did it feel pandering or shallow, it is all truly heartfelt and genuine. I loved everything about this movie. An instant favorite.
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
July 18, 2012
½ March 18, 2012
i loved this story and the movie as a kid.
½ March 17, 2012
One of my favourite children's story books. Heidi is an orphan manipulated by her cousin. She is sent to live with her grandfather, then taken to be a companion of a wheel chair bound girl in the city. Heart warming movie.
March 12, 2012
I really love and will Treasure this Movie called Heidi forever in my heart!!!! Peace out!!!!

_Matt Burden
November 13, 2011
Loooong! Over three hours.
September 22, 2011
the ultimate tear-jerker of my childhood!
May 17, 2010
this is a classical story that can make everyone to feel happiness:X:XX:
May 6, 2010
aw so sad i cried more than once.
½ January 29, 2010
Sweet version of oft told tale. Robards is crusty perfection as Grandfather, Sian Phillips is a warm and wonderful Grandmama and her clothes are eye-popping. Jane Seymour starts out a perfect monster as Fraulein Rottenmeir but manages to humanize her character somewhat, she never becomes likable but not the stick figure martinet the character is usually portrayed. The rest of the cast is uniformly enjoyable and the scenery, both indoors and out, is gorgeous!
½ January 29, 2010
It reminds me of the old animation. The movie is similar to "Missing in America" in which a kid changes the life of an old person living alone in the mountain, but this one has a happy ending.
December 28, 2009
J'adore ce film! Je l'ecoute chaque Noel.
½ October 15, 2009
Absolutely wretched. Very bad acting and waaaay too long.
September 17, 2009
A great movie, but a little long.
½ August 17, 2009
I love this children's tale! Especially this specific movie! I know the Shirley Temple is the most known. This the vest though! It is a good storyline!
August 14, 2009
A decent Disney film. I haven't watched this since I was a kid but I remember enjoying it. On of the few Disney films that was not animation. A solid story and acting to what I remember. Good decent watch for kids and the family to watch.
August 13, 2009
the book was gr8!!!!!!want 2 c the movie.
July 28, 2009