Against the Wall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Against the Wall Reviews

FilmFanatik
May 3, 2007
Fantastic film. Haven't seen it in years, but I remember being very fond of it. Leave it to HBO to come up with some of the most interesting work in the last 20 years or so.
½ October 24, 2008
Not one of Samuel L Jackson?s finer films, but not a bad storyline. Watchable, but not miss-able.
March 31, 2012
½ February 11, 2012
I never knew the back story, so can't vouch for the authenticity of the plot but it was very watchable purely as a film. I thought Samuel L added the most weight to this film and Kyle McLaughlan was also very good. Interesting story but I have no doubt it has been embelished. Worth seeing if yo get a chance.
½ June 18, 2011
Not one of Jackson's best but the storyline is gripping.
½ August 24, 2010
solidna drama, sto nije ni tesko ocekivati od HBO-a.

kad god na TV ugledate neki njihov film mozete bez problema ostati na tom kanalu i sanse da ce te bas fuliti, ili se razocarati su male.

vec sa bioskopskom distribucijom i onim sto prave velika studija za velike ekrane ne bi bili tolike srece.
May 20, 2010
Movie I have been wanting to see for over 13 years but no clue as to it's name, luckily to my AWESOME search skills and luck, not only did I manage to find the name of this anonymous film but even a source to view it! Was glad to of found it, solid 4 stars as the ending felt rushed.
December 17, 2009
Last Viewed: 17/12/2009
April 6, 2009
I watched this on HBO a week ago. It wasn't like a movie from the 80's. Samuel L. Jackson's acting was good back then and better now.
March 26, 2009
Hot soup! Hot soup mother****er!
March 9, 2009
It's nice to turn on the TV and find something that's not too bad. Although I missed the first 15 minutes of it, I found this interesting enough to watch til the end. Samuel L. Jackson was good.
FilmFanatik
May 3, 2007
½ October 24, 2008
½ September 27, 2008
Against the Wall is about the 1971 prison riot in Attica. It starts Kyle MacLaughlin as a guard just in training as the riot hits, and Samuel L. Jackson as Jamaal X, leader of the prisoners. All of this is directed by John Frankenheimer.

This film isnâ??t too bad for a TV Movie (HBO to be exact) and achieves its goal in proving that both sides had their innocents and evils. Good enough to watch if youâ??re just really missing Prison Break or something of that sort.
June 15, 2008
This is a classic film but one which although good didn't seem t bring as much as I remembered from the first time I watched it. However, worth a watch for sure.
½ June 8, 2008
Good made for tv movie.
March 22, 2008
samuel l jackson is sexy
March 2, 2008
A film based on the storyof the Attica Prison riots. The memories of this film, will not leave you for a long time.
December 27, 2007
Keeps the tension from start to finish with a gritty finale.
December 17, 2007
what a film!Recomend it to anyone.shocking and disturbing scenes in it tho. Samuel Jackson is the man