Jack the Ripper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack the Ripper Reviews

May 7, 2014
An infamous killer frightens London--England teaming up with US against Jack!!
½ June 26, 2011
Thought it was pretty good, it was showing on AMC and older horror movies are great to watch for the sheer fact that its not all about the gore to keep you interested. It is in black and white and the characters are definitely like the 50's but I think people should watch it just to appreciate old horror films again
December 18, 2010
A dull and fictious Jack the ripper story. I understand they were going for a fiction approach, but it just didn't work. The ultimate reasoning for the killings was extremely unsatisfying. The American who was brought into investigate didn't get enough screen time.
½ September 3, 2009
March 28, 2009
I enjoy all makes of this movie.
March 1, 2009
Theres that many jack the ripper films, books etc, it would take you years to read and view them !After watching a documentary cpl weeks ago id say "jack the ripper" was a dr francis tumblety, he fits the bill of a serial killer !Also came home in a bloodstained shirt at 2 am in the morning ,after the night of double killings.just so many clues to say he was jtr !
February 24, 2009
Quite tedious to watch. I never even finished it. No stars.
½ October 26, 2008
I think that Jack the Ripper should be saved for times when people are allowed to show more horrific portrayals of him. I mean, I am not a fan of gore but I do not conceive of a reason to tone down Jack the Ripper other than the movie industry deciding that we cannot see blood and guts.
½ February 11, 2008
[font=Palatino Linotype]A very good rendition of the Jack the Ripper story. Whereas in the usual Ripper versions you usually couldn't care less for the murdered prostitutes, this one makes you feel sad for the victims. They are good, innocent ladies in this 1958 version. Very entertaining movie, great acting all around, and good lighting and mood.

[/font][font=Tahoma]Edit: Originally posted[/font] [font=Tahoma][b]Saturday, December 01, 2007[/b] under Lucky7s22G[/font]
½ December 8, 2007
[font=Tahoma][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]A very good rendition of the Jack the Ripper story. Whereas in the usual Ripper versions you usually couldn't care less for the murdered prostitutes, this one makes you feel sad for the victims. They are good, innocent ladies in this 1958 version. Very entertaining movie, great acting all around, and good lighting and mood.[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][/font]
½ December 1, 2007
September 30, 2007
it wasnt as scary as i thought it would be ...
August 2, 2007