Attack of the 50 Foot Woman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman Reviews

½ August 8, 2014
Just not sure if they are being serious or making a joke film. By the end of it you know that it's all supposed to be funny, but by then you aren't laughing.
March 16, 2014
wow ummmmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch....sure it is nothing special 2 watch but its an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actressess thorughout this movie......i think that daryl hannah, daniel baldwin, xander berkeley, william windom (.R.I.P.), cristi conaway, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......i think that the director of this made for tv/sci-fi/fantasy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......its got good special effects thorughout this movie......sure this is nothing special 2 watch but its an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie........i think that daryl hannah was good thorughout this movie as the 50ft woman throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie........i think that hamilton camp (.R.I.P.), was good thorughout this movie......i think that lewis arquette (.R.I.P.), was good thorughout this movie.......i think that paul benedict (.R.I.P.), was good throughout this movie......i think that daniel baldwin was good thorughout this movie as the cheating husband throughout this movie.......sure this is nothing special 2 watch but its an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie.....its got good special effects throughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch sure it is nothing special 2 watch but its an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie.......
September 26, 2013
Remake of an 50s horror movie. It was decent movie but I could live without it. I would like to see the original and hope for a better B-movie.
July 24, 2013
This is a movie to see only once.....if you are a fan of the 50's movies, or if you don't mind movies with silly plots and bad acting, you'll enjoy this one, otherwise,don't see it...
December 7, 2012
Was a very strange idea and weird!
October 31, 2012
A nice throwback to cheesy '50's sci-fi flicks, but unless you like that stuff, don't bother with this.
½ September 24, 2012
This version of "Attack of the 50 foot Woman" isn't as much fun as the title may suggest. The main problem is that the film can't make up its mind on what it wants to be. Is it a spoof/homage of the cheesy 50's giant monster horror movies, or is it a strange fantasy-drama about a woman who needs to break out of her shell? If the film had picked either and stuck with it, this could have been a very entertaining film but instead the audience is left disappointed. The film features good special effects (with a few exceptions but overall they are still convincing) and it features a good cast but this is neither a "so bad it's good" cheesy horror flick you can laugh at or a clever twist on the genre. (VHS, September 21, 2012)
August 9, 2012
To think a remake couldn't suck any more than this pile of shit.
July 23, 2012
It's not a good one.
April 25, 2012
I like both this and the 1958 original.
April 19, 2012
strange.,but good,classic.
April 16, 2012
hey, what's not to like? besides, it's christopher guest, and the man can do no wrong
April 9, 2012
A pathetic, boring remake of the 1958 cult classic that is nothing more than a waste of celluloid. Made for cable television in the US, it had a brief cinematic run in Britain.
April 6, 2012
Oh jesus. Can't we think of anything better to make a movie about
½ December 9, 2011
Daryl Hannah. I don't know what else needs to be said. It's a B-movie all the way. Simple story, cheesy acting, and... Daryl Hannah. You'll forget about the plot before the movie's even over, but it will reinforce that Daryl Hannah is one of the most beautiful women to ever grace the screen.
November 15, 2011
awww shes coming 4 us
September 2, 2011
I gave this movie an extra one and a half stars for Dan Baldwin's rebuttal 'what do you want me to do? Grab a wet suit and a flash light!' in response to 50ft Daryl Hannah's amorous advances. A shame really as you can see what the director (Spinal Tap's Christopher Guest) was trying to achieve, but unfortunately he's misses the 50's kitsch mark by about err 50ft.
July 22, 2011
An awful film, just as bad as the original but a 50 foot Daryl Hannah is hard to resist.
½ June 9, 2011
This was a very strange piece...I would like some of the druga they were using to create this one..."
½ August 29, 2010
This movie is really funny and who made it has to be funny too because, how did he think that this movie will be good or what was the purpose of making this movie in the 90's.

This kind of movie is old-fashioned because if you notice movies about big insects, big fish, or other kind of big animal were popular in the 50's but in the 90's????

But not everything is bad, Daryl Hannah's performance was good as a wife that can't stand the behavior of her husband and her parents.