Attack of the 50 Foot Woman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman Reviews

December 8, 2009
This was extremely funny Movie but easily forgetable.
April 14, 2007
The effects looks okay, but I believe this arch remake of one of cinema's all-time turkeys. It's hard to decide whether title character Daryl Hannah is less interesting before and after her transformation.
½ December 9, 2011
Daryl Hannah. I don't know what else needs to be said. It's a B-movie all the way. Simple story, cheesy acting, and... Daryl Hannah. You'll forget about the plot before the movie's even over, but it will reinforce that Daryl Hannah is one of the most beautiful women to ever grace the screen.
April 17, 2007
A favorite.
September 26, 2013
Remake of an 50s horror movie. It was decent movie but I could live without it. I would like to see the original and hope for a better B-movie.
½ June 9, 2011
This was a very strange piece...I would like some of the druga they were using to create this one..."
April 16, 2007
I watched this, It was on one of the movie channels. It's a remake of an older film and its not good.
March 19, 2007
I've loved this movie since I was a kid, I reccommend it for every silly man who thinks he can run rings around a woman
½ September 24, 2012
This version of "Attack of the 50 foot Woman" isn't as much fun as the title may suggest. The main problem is that the film can't make up its mind on what it wants to be. Is it a spoof/homage of the cheesy 50's giant monster horror movies, or is it a strange fantasy-drama about a woman who needs to break out of her shell? If the film had picked either and stuck with it, this could have been a very entertaining film but instead the audience is left disappointed. The film features good special effects (with a few exceptions but overall they are still convincing) and it features a good cast but this is neither a "so bad it's good" cheesy horror flick you can laugh at or a clever twist on the genre. (VHS, September 21, 2012)
April 23, 2011
To think a remake couldn't suck any more than this pile of shit.
April 9, 2012
A pathetic, boring remake of the 1958 cult classic that is nothing more than a waste of celluloid. Made for cable television in the US, it had a brief cinematic run in Britain.
½ August 29, 2010
This movie is really funny and who made it has to be funny too because, how did he think that this movie will be good or what was the purpose of making this movie in the 90's.

This kind of movie is old-fashioned because if you notice movies about big insects, big fish, or other kind of big animal were popular in the 50's but in the 90's????

But not everything is bad, Daryl Hannah's performance was good as a wife that can't stand the behavior of her husband and her parents.
½ February 5, 2010
Hollywood should have left this movie alone the re-make was awful, I just saw it for the first and last time the original was an excellent b-movie starring Allison Hayes, I'ts almost as old as I am!!!
½ March 13, 2008
[i][size=3]Yesterday, I was in the mood: "Let's rent a strange and/or crappy movie" [/size][/i][size=3][i]So I rented Attack of the 50ft. Woman because this movie always intrigued me since I saw a making-of ten years ago.[/i][/size]

[size=3]Attack of the 50ft. woman is a 1993 remake of a 1958 sci-fi movie. It's directed by Christopher Guest (AKA Nigel Tufnel) and star Daryl Hannah (Kill Bill, Splash) and Daniel Baldwin (John Carpenter's Vampire, one of the Famous Baldwin Brothers)[/size]

[size=3][b]The Movie[/b] This movie tells the story of Nancy Archer, a rich but naive young woman with a cheating husband who only wants her money and a greedy father who only wants her business. One night, Nancy encounters a strange alien ship. Nobody believe her until Nancy grew up to 50 feet in minutes. Now, Nancy isn't a naive little girl anymore, but a BIG woman who wants only one thing: Her husband for her alone.[/size]

[size=3][b]The Review:[/b] Attack of the 50ft woman is...well, it's a... an entertaining movie. It's hard to describe: It's a Z movie without doubt, but it has a certain charm. And a lot of laugh. Hey, a 50ft woman IS funny.[/size]

[size=3][color=black][b]The Verdict:[/b][/color] Rent this movie if you never seen it. Or watch it on TV if you're lucky. It's a good watch, but only once. or maaaaaaybe twice, if you're so inclined.[/size]