Clean Slate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clean Slate Reviews

½ November 7, 2009
This is a funny film starring Dana Carvey. Carvey is a private eye who has memory loss every time he wakes up. So when he works on a case and discovers something about a murder he must leave himself clues to the case. Dana Carvey is very funny in this. This is one of those films that is a guilty pleasure. I always have been a fan of Dana Carvey comedies and stand up. If your looking for a solid comedy then check this movie out.
½ September 27, 2009
it was ok kinda stupid
½ September 15, 2009
I bet this movie had an amazing script, because the premise is hilarious and it had a decent cast, but somehow none of that translated into a good film. It's like the director never graduated film school or something, there weren't even opening credits (lame). I'd be psyched if they remade this in a few years, but until then I'll be steering clear of the original.
½ August 10, 2009
"Every time you go to sleep..YOU LOSE YOUR MEMORY."
August 5, 2009
Had some laugh out loud funny bits. It's fun movie. Cliche', silly , and simple.
½ May 21, 2009
this is a good "there is nothing on...oh, i remember this" movie
½ May 14, 2009
This flick had a good story and it was enjoyable. But having Dana Carvey play it straight seems pretty pointless.
April 12, 2009
I turned it off. So disappointing! Dana Carvey is such a huge talent but made some awful movies!! Stick with Wayne's World 1 or 2 and Master of Disguise! Great stuff! So much work in this one and Opportunity Knocks for so little fun! The only one that worked with him as a regular guy was Tough Guys.
½ March 26, 2009
I certainly enjoy Dana Carvey.. definitely a quirky movie
½ March 22, 2009
Enjoyable enough comedy that still somehow fails to make the most of its star. Carvey is a rubber faced wonder yet only Master of Dsiguise has come close to capitalizing on this.
March 13, 2009
Funnier than it should be
½ March 8, 2009
Poor Dana Carvey. He is so hilarious, yet he is relegated to these terrible movies. He's better than this.
½ March 3, 2009
Woefully unfunny comedy with Dana Carvey from start to finish. Not a single amusing sequence.
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
October 21, 2008
pretty funny concept. It's funny
½ September 10, 2008
A movie with a great premise and a fantastic take-off, that spirals downward to being a nice, not altogether followable, and fairly unfunny movie. It was a good try, but its just a little too run of the mill, with way too many complications, that hinder rather than help.
August 7, 2008
I was pleasantly surprised to find this didn't live up to its bad reputation. Dana Carvey's performance splendidly carries along a rich detective-mystery plotline. A lot of fun!
½ July 28, 2008
very well done comedy by dana carvey
½ July 3, 2008
Ever wonder what Memento would have been like if it had been a comedy? well wonder no longer. Before the haphazard Master Of Disguise Carvey made a couple damn funny movies, and this is one of them.
½ May 22, 2008
Dana Carvey: Incredible member of SNL, great stand up comic and impersonator. However his movies have been shooting blanks. And thats too bad. This one was supposed to be the hit, but it didn't find its audience. But I still love the guy.