The Battle of Midway - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Battle of Midway Reviews

½ October 4, 2011
Director John Ford shot documentary footage of Midway battle. Watching the short documentary is very surreal...realizing that this is actual combat. The work stands as a time capsule and Ford himself was wounded during shooting. A look also at wartime propaganda and communications from the US side.
November 17, 2010
This is only really interesting to a historian of film, or to fans of Ford. It's propaganda, with cheesy voice-overs by Hollywood actors adding humanity to the nameless American soldiers facing Japanese bombing runs during the battle.

On a bird-related note, the Laysan Albatrosses breeding on the island are featured prominently.
August 9, 2009
Its your typical big budget war hero movie that showed the war in just enough of a rose tinted view to keep war great........
July 5, 2009
I will NOT see a Movie that has this Commie, Traitor, BITCH in it.
They don't have a LOW enough rating for her.
She can rot in the Hanoi Hilton, for what she did to Our troops during Vietnam.

May 26, 2009
See what happens when you fuck with the U.S.
January 26, 2009
The fact that the footage in this film is real makes the film truly amazing and touching. A fascinating piece of history and a must see.
½ March 21, 2008
Luckily the Americans triumphed and the world was safe again.
½ March 18, 2008
I didn't like this film.
October 9, 2007
classic world war 2 movie. great action and casting. a must see for any history buff
July 1, 2007
Any Ford film of WW2 is worth watching
June 16, 2007
ford planned out shooting this real time movie of the actual battle but finding good shooting locations before the troops arrived.
June 14, 2007
What can I say... I love my war movies
June 8, 2007
My favourite war movie of all time.
June 6, 2007
I am a History buff in disquise... I cant imagine going through what these men did on a daily basis... then when they come hoome they have to act like normal human beings.... i dont understand how they can do itttttttt
May 9, 2007
Documents the great victory in old Hollywood fashion. Great color footage. You see the last moments of life for some of the fightin men shown.
April 22, 2007
Another great ww2 movie remade to show the allied victory.
April 10, 2007
Historical, it's kinda cool
½ December 10, 2006
Quite a poor movie to say the least..... Certainly not worth the time to watch it.
½ December 6, 2006
another fine film and
January 4, 2006
If it's the one I think, it's good.