The Flintstones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flintstones Reviews

½ November 27, 2016
Not unbearably bad, but still not that great.
September 21, 2016
That is not really it.
½ September 3, 2016
No pudieron hacer una adaptación de Los Picapiedras mejor.
August 17, 2016
Nailed the look and feel of the Flintstones
August 14, 2016
Funnier than I initially remembered, with a few clever jokes and lessons throughout.
½ August 13, 2016
Goodman and Moranis play a good Fred and Barney but seriously, how good could this have been? It's stupid. I didn't expect much but there it is.
July 28, 2016
My Favorite Helper From McHenry Middle School Ms. Uramkin Once Told Me About This Crappy Movie Once, She Can't Even Remember It.
July 17, 2016
Yabba-Dabba Do! Everyone's favorite modern Stone Age family, The Flintstones, is brought to the big screen as a live-action screwball comedy. The film follows a quarry worker named Fred Flintstone who receives a promotion to VP and is setup as a patsy for an embezzlement scheme. Starring John Goodman, Rick Moranis, Elizabeth Perkins, Rosie O'Donnell, Kyle MacLachlan, and Halle Berry, the film features an impressive cast. But while they do a fair job of imitating cartoon characters, the performances don't really work in a live-action setting. And the same goes for the set designs and creature puppets, which do an amazing job at capturing a cartoon aesthetic, yet end up looking incredibly fake. Additionally, the comedy is rather hit-and-miss, with a mixture of prehistoric puns and slapstick. The Flintstones is entertaining and may work for young kids, but it lacks the wit and charm of the original Hanna-Barbera cartoon.
July 15, 2016
The set design is great, John Goodman and Rick Moranis are great as Fred and Barney, but O'Donnell is horrid as Betty. The story-lines are a bit "adult" at times. Barney loses his job after switching his intelligence test with that of Fred's. Fred is promoted; Barney cannot pay his bills. (Though Fred is actually being used in an embezzlement ploy.) Fun for adult fans of the show.
July 4, 2016
The Flintstones is a disappointing. It is about Fred Flintstone who finally gets the job he's always wanted. John Goodman and Rick Moranis give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Brian Levant did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
June 7, 2016
I liked the cartoony camera-work and prop designs. The animatronics were good, and the ending was satisfying. It felt like an accurate portrayal of the show in live-action. I liked it. Oh, and meta-endings are the best.
May 22, 2016
The only live-action cartoon adaption that works in an accurate way. The plot may be a bit weak, but the cast was awesome and the humor was solid.
½ May 10, 2016
the biggest product placement commercial propoganda movie ever. garbage.
thr only positive... Halle Berry was hot in it.
½ April 19, 2016
Dear God I hated this movie. I really hated this movie. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hated this movie.
April 9, 2016
With grand set designs and a (mostly) spot on cast for its characters, The Flintstones is a superbly faithful adaptation of its source material.... which also makes it a very slow, soulless, and dry family comedy.
½ April 5, 2016
While the cast is sharp in its portrayal of the prehistoric characters, the movie is dull, and lacks the wit and charm of the original cartoon.
March 10, 2016
Fun movie with a great cast, but it's not like a movie I could watch every month.
February 27, 2016
While This film admittedly had some clever jokes with doing daily activities we do now of days with products and items of the cave men era that made for some creative humour. but I think the actors in this film were miscast as none of them portrayed the characters well and despite some clever humour it is also mixed with some really dumb sexual innuendo jokes that feel out of place and awkward.
Consensus:Kids will certainly enjoy and some jokes were clever but in the end there were mostly poorly constructed jokes and none of the actors were casted well resulting in bad potrayl's of these classic character's.
November 27, 2015
Let me summon this up in a song!

Flinstones! crappy Finstones!

Its a convoluded cave man turd!

With a crumby story and Betty played by Rosie O.

Halle Berry in the film for sex appeal, Although John Goodman is the real darn deal!

When you watch the Flinstones, Have a Shitty witty woo time a witty woo time!

You'll have a lousy time!
½ October 25, 2015
Yabba Dabba Don't . This movie is terrible making it a lame old time with terrible slapstick gags and god awful performances all around.