The Flintstones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flintstones Reviews

June 21, 2017
One for young children only.
May 28, 2017
If you like the show, then you like this movie...I liked the show...so... :) :) :)
May 17, 2017
Let me summon this up in a song!

Flintstones! crappy Fintstones!

It's a convoluded cave man turd!

With a crumby story and Betty is a talk show host

Halle Berry in the film for sex appeal, Although John Goodman is the only thrill

When you watch the Flintstones, Have a Shitty witty woo time a witty woo time!

You'll have a lousy time!
May 4, 2017
My biggest guilty pleasure movie.
March 14, 2017
Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais j'adore ce film!!
½ February 7, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 27, 2016
Not unbearably bad, but still not that great.
September 21, 2016
That is not really it.
½ September 3, 2016
No pudieron hacer una adaptación de Los Picapiedras mejor.
August 17, 2016
Nailed the look and feel of the Flintstones
August 14, 2016
Funnier than I initially remembered, with a few clever jokes and lessons throughout.
½ August 13, 2016
Goodman and Moranis play a good Fred and Barney but seriously, how good could this have been? It's stupid. I didn't expect much but there it is.
July 28, 2016
My Favorite Helper From McHenry Middle School Ms. Uramkin Once Told Me About This Crappy Movie Once, She Can't Even Remember It.
July 17, 2016
Yabba-Dabba Do! Everyone's favorite modern Stone Age family, The Flintstones, is brought to the big screen as a live-action screwball comedy. The film follows a quarry worker named Fred Flintstone who receives a promotion to VP and is setup as a patsy for an embezzlement scheme. Starring John Goodman, Rick Moranis, Elizabeth Perkins, Rosie O'Donnell, Kyle MacLachlan, and Halle Berry, the film features an impressive cast. But while they do a fair job of imitating cartoon characters, the performances don't really work in a live-action setting. And the same goes for the set designs and creature puppets, which do an amazing job at capturing a cartoon aesthetic, yet end up looking incredibly fake. Additionally, the comedy is rather hit-and-miss, with a mixture of prehistoric puns and slapstick. The Flintstones is entertaining and may work for young kids, but it lacks the wit and charm of the original Hanna-Barbera cartoon.
July 15, 2016
The set design is great, John Goodman and Rick Moranis are great as Fred and Barney, but O'Donnell is horrid as Betty. The story-lines are a bit "adult" at times. Barney loses his job after switching his intelligence test with that of Fred's. Fred is promoted; Barney cannot pay his bills. (Though Fred is actually being used in an embezzlement ploy.) Fun for adult fans of the show.
July 4, 2016
The Flintstones is a disappointing. It is about Fred Flintstone who finally gets the job he's always wanted. John Goodman and Rick Moranis give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Brian Levant did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
June 7, 2016
I liked the cartoony camera-work and prop designs. The animatronics were good, and the ending was satisfying. It felt like an accurate portrayal of the show in live-action. I liked it. Oh, and meta-endings are the best.
May 22, 2016
The only live-action cartoon adaption that works in an accurate way. The plot may be a bit weak, but the cast was awesome and the humor was solid.
½ May 10, 2016
the biggest product placement commercial propoganda movie ever. garbage.
thr only positive... Halle Berry was hot in it.
½ April 19, 2016
Dear God I hated this movie. I really hated this movie. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hated this movie.