The Flintstones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flintstones Reviews

January 14, 2018
I like "The Flintstones" when it came out in May 27, 1994 before I was born. I like Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble, Wilma Flintstone, Betty Rubble, Pebbles Flintstone, Bamm-Bamm, and Dino.
September 19, 2017
Top 10: Worst Films

1. Battlefield Earth (2000)

2. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

3. Showgirls (1995)

4. Bio-Dome (1996)

5. White Chicks (2004)

6. Leonard Part 6 (1987)

7. The Love Guru (2008)

8. Jack And Jill (2011)

9. Movie 43 (2013)

10. Disaster Movie (2008)
August 9, 2017
i always loved this live-action of the famous cartoon series that is a cult now
July 23, 2017
I preferred the prequel
June 21, 2017
One for young children only.
May 28, 2017
If you like the show, then you like this movie...I liked the show...so... :) :) :)
May 17, 2017
Let me summon this up in a song!

Flintstones! crappy Fintstones!

It's a convoluded cave man turd!

With a crumby story and Betty is a talk show host

Halle Berry in the film for sex appeal, Although John Goodman is the only thrill

When you watch the Flintstones, Have a Shitty witty woo time a witty woo time!

You'll have a lousy time!
May 4, 2017
My biggest guilty pleasure movie.
March 14, 2017
Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais j'adore ce film!!
½ February 7, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 27, 2016
Not unbearably bad, but still not that great.
September 21, 2016
That is not really it.
½ September 3, 2016
No pudieron hacer una adaptación de Los Picapiedras mejor.
August 17, 2016
Nailed the look and feel of the Flintstones
August 14, 2016
Funnier than I initially remembered, with a few clever jokes and lessons throughout.
½ August 13, 2016
Goodman and Moranis play a good Fred and Barney but seriously, how good could this have been? It's stupid. I didn't expect much but there it is.
July 17, 2016
Yabba-Dabba Do! Everyone's favorite modern Stone Age family, The Flintstones, is brought to the big screen as a live-action screwball comedy. The film follows a quarry worker named Fred Flintstone who receives a promotion to VP and is setup as a patsy for an embezzlement scheme. Starring John Goodman, Rick Moranis, Elizabeth Perkins, Rosie O'Donnell, Kyle MacLachlan, and Halle Berry, the film features an impressive cast. But while they do a fair job of imitating cartoon characters, the performances don't really work in a live-action setting. And the same goes for the set designs and creature puppets, which do an amazing job at capturing a cartoon aesthetic, yet end up looking incredibly fake. Additionally, the comedy is rather hit-and-miss, with a mixture of prehistoric puns and slapstick. The Flintstones is entertaining and may work for young kids, but it lacks the wit and charm of the original Hanna-Barbera cartoon.
July 15, 2016
The set design is great, John Goodman and Rick Moranis are great as Fred and Barney, but O'Donnell is horrid as Betty. The story-lines are a bit "adult" at times. Barney loses his job after switching his intelligence test with that of Fred's. Fred is promoted; Barney cannot pay his bills. (Though Fred is actually being used in an embezzlement ploy.) Fun for adult fans of the show.
July 4, 2016
The Flintstones is a disappointing. It is about Fred Flintstone who finally gets the job he's always wanted. John Goodman and Rick Moranis give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Brian Levant did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
June 7, 2016
I liked the cartoony camera-work and prop designs. The animatronics were good, and the ending was satisfying. It felt like an accurate portrayal of the show in live-action. I liked it. Oh, and meta-endings are the best.