The Flintstones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flintstones Reviews

April 9, 2016
With grand set designs and a (mostly) spot on cast for its characters, The Flintstones is a superbly faithful adaptation of its source material.... which also makes it a very slow, soulless, and dry family comedy.
½ April 5, 2016
While the cast is sharp in its portrayal of the prehistoric characters, the movie is dull, and lacks the wit and charm of the original cartoon.
March 10, 2016
Fun movie with a great cast, but it's not like a movie I could watch every month.
February 27, 2016
While This film admittedly had some clever jokes with doing daily activities we do now of days with products and items of the cave men era that made for some creative humour. but I think the actors in this film were miscast as none of them portrayed the characters well and despite some clever humour it is also mixed with some really dumb sexual innuendo jokes that feel out of place and awkward.
Consensus:Kids will certainly enjoy and some jokes were clever but in the end there were mostly poorly constructed jokes and none of the actors were casted well resulting in bad potrayl's of these classic character's.
½ October 25, 2015
Yabba Dabba Don't . This movie is terrible making it a lame old time with terrible slapstick gags and god awful performances all around.
August 17, 2015
not a bad movie but i did not like how they cast Rosie O Donald in the movie
½ July 28, 2015
Goodman and Moranis save what is a pretty mediocre film.
½ May 30, 2015
In terms of live action adaptations of cartoons.....this is honestly one of the better ones.
½ May 12, 2015
Fun movie. Always seems like I'm eating whenever I watch it
½ April 11, 2015
This is quite bad. Although, as bad as it was, I think that John Goodman and Rick Moranis were quite good in it. Ultimately it got too silly for it's own good. These characters just work better in the animated world.
April 4, 2015
Guilty pleasure movie
½ March 28, 2015
I love John Goodman but even he couldn't save this disaster of a movie.
½ February 18, 2015
Great adaptation of the hit cartoon. The casting is for the most part perfect, although Moranis gives his best as Barney, someone like Danny DeVito would've been a better choice. poo
February 16, 2015
The Flintstones is a strange transition from animated screen to movie screen, but it's one of the reasons why this movie is actually entertaining
½ January 7, 2015
29%

The Flintstones at its worst in a film with a dull story, terrible casting and awful jokes.
½ December 31, 2014
Goodman performed a good Fred Flintstone in the live-action adaptation of the superior cartoon series. Besides Goodman, the other cast members were good also; although I don't know about O'Donnell as Betty Rubble. The film's funny with good prehistoric jokes and some comedies from the original (i.e. both the opening and ending theme song), but the main reason for the cartoon being better than this is that this adaptation is more poignant. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
December 24, 2014
Dos estrellas pero por lo retro admito que cuando la llego a encontrar la veo hasta el final
½ November 30, 2014
Interesting how this was done. I remember the cartoon well.
½ November 25, 2014
It's so silly, but it brings back some good memories.
October 11, 2014
The worst part is that they cast Rosie O'Donnell to play the hottest cartoon of all time. Unforgivable. Thankfully, Halle Berry at her smokingest.