The Flintstones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flintstones Reviews

½ July 28, 2015
Goodman and Moranis save what is a pretty mediocre film.
½ May 30, 2015
In terms of live action adaptations of cartoons.....this is honestly one of the better ones.
½ May 12, 2015
Fun movie. Always seems like I'm eating whenever I watch it
½ April 11, 2015
This is quite bad. Although, as bad as it was, I think that John Goodman and Rick Moranis were quite good in it. Ultimately it got too silly for it's own good. These characters just work better in the animated world.
April 4, 2015
Guilty pleasure movie
½ March 28, 2015
I love John Goodman but even he couldn't save this disaster of a movie.
½ February 18, 2015
Great adaptation of the hit cartoon. The casting is for the most part perfect, although Moranis gives his best as Barney, someone like Danny DeVito would've been a better choice. poo
February 16, 2015
The Flintstones is a strange transition from animated screen to movie screen, but it's one of the reasons why this movie is actually entertaining
½ January 7, 2015

The Flintstones at its worst in a film with a dull story, terrible casting and awful jokes.
½ December 31, 2014
Goodman performed a good Fred Flintstone in the live-action adaptation of the superior cartoon series. Besides Goodman, the other cast members were good also; although I don't know about O'Donnell as Betty Rubble. The film's funny with good prehistoric jokes and some comedies from the original (i.e. both the opening and ending theme song), but the main reason for the cartoon being better than this is that this adaptation is more poignant. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
December 24, 2014
Dos estrellas pero por lo retro admito que cuando la llego a encontrar la veo hasta el final
½ November 30, 2014
Interesting how this was done. I remember the cartoon well.
½ November 25, 2014
It's so silly, but it brings back some good memories.
October 11, 2014
The worst part is that they cast Rosie O'Donnell to play the hottest cartoon of all time. Unforgivable. Thankfully, Halle Berry at her smokingest.
September 20, 2014
Doesn't take itself too seriously and has its funny moments.
½ September 6, 2014
When you take into consideration all the current big screen adaptions we have had like Alvin and the Chipmunks or Scooby Doo, this is one is no as bad as many make it out to be. Sure there's an uneven blend of juvenile humor and adult sitcom comedy, but it works when it works. The Bedrock sets are spectacular being pre-CGI, the casting couldn't be perfect but the story could have been stronger or at least given another polish. As it stands, part guilty pleasure and part enjoyable slice of nostalgia.
August 22, 2014
'The Flintstones' is a live-action movie made in 1994 based on the popular animated series of the same name from the 1960s. During the early 1990s there was a trend of Hollywood films that were based on TV series (The Beverley Hillbillies, Richie Rich, Dennis The Menace, The Little Rascals, The Fugitive, Coneheads, to name a few). There was also a dinosaur craze. Everyone was into dinosaurs, especially children. There were some popular dinosaur films at the time (Jurassic Park, The Land Before Time) and some not so popular ones (We're Back! A Dinosaur Story). So logically, it wasn't a surprise when 'The Flinstones' were resurrected in the form of a live-action film. One thing that made the TV series so memorable was the world the Flintstones lived in. Set in the stone age, it was juxtopnised with modern day concerns and lifestyles. The live action film was able to recreate a brilliant and magical looking backdrop. Unfortunately though, almost everything else about the film fails. The story is a conventional one. But that's not what really ruins the film. The style and tone was trying to equate to that of the cartoon. Which would seem like the logical way to do it. However, it just seems really camp and emphasised that the talented cast are hamming it up too much. John Goodman makes for a decent Fred, and so does Rick Moranis as Barney. Kyle MacLachlan has the right look for the evil corporate executive, and does a good job. However I'll never understand the casting of Rosie O'Donnell as Betty. She is nothing like Betty. AT ALL!
½ August 16, 2014
This isn't the worst live-action adaption to cartoon, but it isn't the greatest either, the cast wasn't perfect, Rosie O' Donnell as Betty Rubble was probably the worst choice, but John Goodman as Fred, and Rick Moranis as Barney were the best choices, this movie has too much sexual innuendo to be a little kids movie, and there is some brief swearing. But other than that, this is an okay movie for kids probably 8 and up, but overall, a so-so movie, probably worth at least a pay-per-view rental!
August 15, 2014
Can't figure the poor reviews. I saw this at the theater and thoroughly enjoyed it. John Goodman was perfectly cast as Fred.
July 24, 2014
I love the filstones tv show series but not this. They ruined the Flintstones for me forever. Nice job.