It Could Happen to You Reviews

• 3d ago

Will Hollywood produce a film this good again? The answer is no chance.

Will Hollywood produce a film this good again? The answer is no chance.

• Dec 31, 2018

It Could Happen To You is a true romantic comedy that stars Nicholas Cage as a good samaritan cop in Brooklyn who promises a waitress played by Bridget Fonda half of his lottery winnings. The protagonist in this story is Cage's wife played by the annoying Rosie Perez, I can't stand her, she plays a selfish, money loving, pain in the neck person who you just want to strangle. The storyline is based on true events and the movie was predictable. There are very worthy costars to mention, Isaac Hayes played a reporter; Wendell Pierce as a fellow cop; Stanley Tucci as the ex lover who over exceeds his welcome; and Richard Jenkins as the prosecutor for Perez. Overall it was warm, charming, fairy tale come to life type of movie, I had not seen this flick in a while but I would definitely watch it again.

• Apr 12, 2018

A well-intentioned lottery drama, but I wasn't too crazy about it. (First and only viewing - 4/12/2018)

• Feb 04, 2018

A lightweight comedy that has a very 90s feel about it. Not particularly funny but watchable and will pass the time

• Jul 12, 2017

Good. Mad that Muriel pretty much got away with everything.

Good. Mad that Muriel pretty much got away with everything.

• Jun 23, 2017

A wonderful Capra-esque rom-com with Nicolas Cage doing his best Jimmy Stewart. Bergman's film might not be the best or brightest, but I have to say that I love everything about it.

• Feb 24, 2017

I was a teenager when I saw it the first time and now after more than 20 years it was still able to change my mood and makes me feel that everything is going to be alright

• Jan 24, 2017

Ihan ok. (Suom. Rakkauden arpa)

Ihan ok. (Suom. Rakkauden arpa)

• Nov 27, 2016

I saw this when it first came out, hard to believe that was over 20yrs ago. It is just a sweet story with compelling performances from Nic Cage and Bridget Fonda. I miss this version of Nic Cage, and I hope he finds his was back from the "straight to video" hell he seems to be in right now. This is inspired by a true story about a cop who always tries to do the right thing and after making a promise to split a lottery ticket with a waitress in pace of a tip, does just that when he wins. Just a nice uplifting story, highly recommended!

• Oct 18, 2016

Has many flaws but embodies the NY spirit. Karma is a B*tch.

Has many flaws but embodies the NY spirit. Karma is a B*tch.