The Tell-Tale Heart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tell-Tale Heart Reviews

July 27, 2014
A shy librarian named Edgar kills his best friend over a woman, and is driven mad by the sound of a beating heart coming from under the floorboards. The new sexual frustration plot devised here to draw Edgar Allan Poe's short story out to feature length really isn't very interesting or much in Poe's spirit.
½ December 12, 2013
No where as classic or truthful as the story. While it keeps many of the same elements, it's missing the themes and the overall creepiness, plus it leaves out a lot of the good bits. Slow story, and a rather dumb overused end twist. Not my favorite adaption.
November 19, 2012
Builds slowly to some memorable horror scenes--Very good Poe adaptation!!
July 28, 2012
worth a late night viewing of this poe adaptation.
½ June 28, 2011
Carl's advice to Edgar reminds me of the American Dad! episode where Stan yells 'Intercourse!' at passing women.
May 12, 2011
Rarely seen 1960 British adaption of the Edgar Allen Poe story starring Laurence Payne and Adrienne Corri. This adaptation adds a host of new things to what was in the original story, not surprising given the length of the story and is surprisingly gory for 1960. Pretty good.
November 22, 2010
This movie isn't made very well, but the actors are pretty good, and the story is a classic, so it was okay.
July 12, 2009
Slow buildup that leads to a heart-thumping (pun intended) third act.
April 9, 2008
Poe's story is great, and this adaptation is not so bad.
½ December 30, 2007
if you read the book, it seemed more exciting (edgar allen poe's adaptation of). the film is passable...
November 6, 2007
lol really old the stories better
but i like eap
October 16, 2007
it's a great horror film
½ September 21, 2007
read this in ap english too!!! edgar allan poe is a good writer
June 19, 2007
Well, this was more amusing than scary, but it was enjoyable none the less. It teaches you, that if you ever feel like murdering your best friend because he stole your girl, don't bury him under your floorboards...
½ April 3, 2007
Totally cheesy, had to watch in in high school
February 21, 2007
I read the story,but uhhhh this look's a little too deranged for me.
½ February 11, 2007
Pretty self-explanitory.
November 22, 2006
I hope they did justice too an amazing short story.
September 28, 2006