The Fear - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fear Reviews

February 19, 2016
A group of young adults went on a rehabilitation camp to cure their phobias, then an Indian wooden figure began to make their worst fears come true. It's hella campy, the quality of the film made it seem like it was shot in the 80s and the story utilized jump scare to bring in some pathetic shocks. It could be a good movie if one is really high.
June 21, 2013
It's a combination of good and bad. There's some creepy ideas there and some that just are ridiculous. I remember the cover scaring me as a youngin', when cruising the horror section in the video stores.
February 1, 2012
Richard (Eddie Bowz) brings a group of friends to a cabin in the woods to have them all attend a 'fear therapy' session. In the cabin they find a wooden mannequin named Morty (Erick Weiss) who comes to life and is set off to kill them. "The Fear" has a good set up with a solid build up, however the movie falls apart as it goes on. With all the talk about the characters fears in the movie you would think the writers would use that for something for the killer Morty to use as he goes after them, but no he doesn't. So does he go out on a killing spree like Michael Myers / Jason Voorhees, nope he doesn't really do much at all. This movie could have been something fresh to the horror genre, but it just doesn't go in the right direction instead it becomes a big mess that thinks it is more clever than what it is.
January 31, 2012
I watched The Fear when it first came out in 95 and thought it was really good. Of course I was young which obviously clouded my judgement. As bad as I wanted to like it I just couldn't. It's quite dull with an extremely lagging storyline.
½ April 12, 2011
When I first saw this movie, I was very young. I had to have been at least eight or nine. Back then I was terrified, but watching it as an adult is definitely not the same. I'll admit that the thought of a wooden man killing you with your fear is quite scary to think about, but the execution of the movie is downright awful. The acting, the story, the deaths... it's all so cheesy. Not only that, but the movie digresses from the main point (being killed by your worst fear) so much that it's hard to follow at times. It truly jumps the shark on so many different levels - I'm your sister, no I'm actually your mother, I killed your mother after I had sex with her, your dad helped me bury her, you're the reason she's dead, yadda yadda yadda. It's all too much to even grasp when you're trying to watch horror. Leave those plot devices to dramas or even mystery movies, because we don't want to see them in a cheap thriller.
½ October 8, 2010
Voici un film qui m'a coûté 2$ en vhs, pis je trouve que c'est trop cher pour ce que j'ai vu! Un film de merde, pas de budget, des acteurs de 30 ans et plus qui incarnent des ados de 20 ans. En plus, ils sont nuls à chier. Parfois je riais à cause de leur jeu atroce. L'horreur du film est inexistante ou sinon Hors-champ. Hors-Champ ne devrait même pas exister en cinéma d'horreur calisse! La photographie est dégueulasse et la réalisation pauvre. Le scénariste fait un spin à 180 degrés en milieu de parcours, une idée intéressante mais mal foutue. Le personnage de Marty ( un pantin en bois qui prend vie) est ridicule! Il danse quand il marche. Le plan final m'a bouche bée pour sa stupidité et son amateurisme. Bref, un film de marde qui est supposé être un film d'horreur mais dans le fond c'est pour les grands-mères qui sont à l'hospice! Fuck this vile piece of crap!
August 4, 2009
Written by Ron Ford a fun horror movie that should be watched by everyone!
½ August 21, 2008
A group of people go to a cabin to get over their fears and instead start getting killed off by a wooden marionette called Morty.
Had its moments but all in all a pretty weak horror movie.
Cameo from Wes Craven for some reason.
June 6, 2008
Amazingly well-written 80s-style horror. Some really cool ideas & performances.
May 7, 2008
decent but kind of stupid...
½ April 6, 2008
Terrible horror movie where I was expecting more devastation from Morty the Woodman only to be let down by APEX's ability to make everything suck.
April 3, 2008
Silly film about a group of people going out into the mountains to embrace their fears and phobias, which is lead by a cameoing Wes Craven (worthy of two stars). What happens after that is the arrival of Morty, a wooden killer who stalks and kills them. Pretty silly movie, but it kept me entertained. The second one is a real riot, though.
½ March 18, 2008
This movie was ok...
½ February 16, 2008
I could never understand this film as a young kid, I still can't, It's too weird.
January 7, 2008
I thought this one was great. what a creep-o.
December 18, 2007
One day the Morty halloween costume will be a reality
½ December 1, 2007
I only wanted to see this for the Wes Craven cameo. Kind of creepy but the direction and cinematography makes me ill.
November 1, 2007
Not interested. I usually avoid horror movies.
September 19, 2007