Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book Reviews

• Jan 05, 2020

This version of the Jungle Book is the best version. I highly recommend seeing this movie, it's a must see,

• Sep 23, 2018

When I was 10 years old, I remember watching this movie on VHS tape at home. Also, I liked this movie as a love story like Tarzan and Jane. Now, I already have a DVD widescreen for an upgrade to watch.

• Jul 17, 2018

Ever since I saw this movie as a child, it has been one of my favorites. I feel like this a very underrated and relatively unknown film. While the plot has the basic premise of the boy-raised-by-animals story, it is unique enough to keep the viewers interested and guessing. It is a lovable children's movie with lots of live animals and plenty of age appropriate action, while still being able to offer adults a good time as well. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, the costumes are gorgeous, the actors are well casted. I love the subtle use of Hindi in the script to add to the authenticity of the setting. For me, this will always be one of my favorite movies.

• May 26, 2018

When I was younger I would watch this movie I remember it very well.

When I was younger I would watch this movie I remember it very well.

• Mar 20, 2018

No. Just no. I guess if the book didn't exist this wouldn't be too bad as a film but since the book exists and it is a classic piece of literature, this film is not worth seeing for those who enjoy the book.

• Jan 20, 2018

When I was younger I watched this all the time and I loved it

When I was younger I watched this all the time and I loved it

• Oct 13, 2017

So they did a remake on the jungle book I remember watching this all the time and the way I would describe this movie there was a lot of violence fights it was all so what some scary but good action and the graphics were good to this movie

• Sep 18, 2017

Underrated. Sadly this one seems almost forgotten. Fun performances particularly from Elwes. Very entertaining

• Aug 08, 2017

While this film may not be so faithful to the original novel, it overall makes up for a clever Tarzan like story. I guess you could argue that I grew up with this movie before getting to know the animated classic, but the reason I kinda prefer this over the new overrated 2016 film is because they at least used actual animals and they were well acted in the movie by their emotions and body languages, and even the human actors do a pretty good job with roles especially for Jason Scott Lee who was quite popular at the time alongside Sam Neil. The action scenes are good, and the settings are fantastic, I'd personally say Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book is worth a watch.

• Jan 08, 2017

The 1994 version of the Jungle Book is a solid, yet very troublesome experiment. I liked that it was its own thing and different than the other adaptations, it serves well as a historical drama and is quite charming at times, but it doesn't serve well as an adventure film at all and although the use of real animals was solid, they were still underutilized and that entire subplot felt rushed and disappointing plus the acting isn't the greatest here.