Jane Eyre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jane Eyre Reviews

½ January 11, 2015
This was not a good adaption. It was very abrupt and they made a lot of poor changes from the book.
April 26, 2013
The first of many sound adaptations of the famous Charlotte Bronte novel about an orphan girl who grows up to become a governess and falls in love with the master of the house. The film is short and obviously rushed; the screenplay is poor and the pace makes the whole thing feel unnatural. However, Clive and Bruce are two good leads.
November 26, 2012
first sound version of this but i like the orson welles version best
August 28, 2011
I think that I will pass on this one.
August 10, 2010
This is the best version of Jane Eyre ever made.
March 28, 2009
watch it and u will get it, no words to explain.
November 9, 2008
might be ok to see. It sounds interesting.
July 27, 2008
The newer version was better.
½ June 2, 2008
Hilariously dreadful version of the classic. Version being the apt word as its like nothing you've ever read... Miscast and written as if never read a book (any book not just the source novel!) Special mention for the blonde Virignia Bruce looking like she'd rather be somewhere else.
May 6, 2008
This movie is horrible, and I had to read this book in high school. It is poop; I tell you. Utter Poop.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
March 21, 2008
Dear oh dear. This is actually a pretty fun movie, but set your expectations appropriately. It bears no more than a passing resemblence to the novel Jane Eyre, it looks and feels extraordinarily primitive, and Virginia Bruce (lovely though she is) slouches and lounges through the whole thing as if she's wearing a bias-cut satin gown instead of period costume. Extremely silly, but clocking in at just about an hour, it makes for some nice entertainment.
September 3, 2007
Love the intensity of this movie
July 7, 2007
Ive seen many Jane Eyre movies but this one looks the least appealing
June 27, 2007
I think I have seen this.
½ June 4, 2007
Calling this Jane Eyre is a breach of trade disciptions! Had the writers not read the book?!
½ May 8, 2007
i read the book, so i had to see rthe movie and i liked it fine.
½ April 17, 2007
I liked the other version better with the ending more simular to the book.
½ February 7, 2007
favorite romance story every told
January 27, 2007