The Life and Times of Allen Ginsberg - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Life and Times of Allen Ginsberg Reviews

May 5, 2015
Wonderful story about an American original by a fabulous documentarian.
May 5, 2015
Very proud to have been a small part of this project. Great film!
December 23, 2012
Allen Ginsberg is one of the best poets I've ever read. His poetry actually introduced me to the Beats, something no advanced history textbook ever did. I love how candid and how raw his words were without losing that touch of sincerity and heart and soul. Upon hearing about this film, I searched everywhere to watch it. No stores had it, no other websites... (Thank Buddha for Flixster.) My first twenty times watching this, I sobbed from how beautiful it was. It's a magnificent film, and anyone who has doubts about getting into the Beat Generation should give this a try.
April 30, 2011
Good overview of the mans life. Came into this movie knowing practically zilch about the guy and came away seeming to think he had a pretty large impact on society in the 20th century.....
October 11, 2010
Awesome footage and interviews. Gives you a view of Allen's personal life and inspirations, as well as some footage of his political activism. Truly inspiring.
June 16, 2010
Allen Ginsberg was one of the best minds of his generation, and the one that came after his...
May 31, 2010
I'm not an expert on the Beat Generation which I think is a particular shame because I think I would have appreciated this document a heck of a lot more if I had exposed myself to the genre. Nonetheless it was fascinating.
July 14, 2009
Good film to check out if you are interested in Beat literature or American literature in general. If you have Netflix you can watch this title instantly, which is nice.
½ April 22, 2009
Rather conventional treatment of an unconventional figure. Interesting newsreel footage of some of the Beat Generations most important figures.

But a very interesting biopic indeed with some good insight into the man and his character. Some viewers may find some of the ideas contained within disturbing...and a good thing too.

I wish someone would do a biopic of the Fluxus movement.
½ February 1, 2009
felt like they could have added more but whatever, it was good.
November 22, 2008
If your a poet, enjoy poetry, bohemian, hippie, hipster, or political activist, this documentary is for you. Allan Ginsburg was a true visionary and his work is def highlighted well here!
November 22, 2008
½ September 22, 2008
For all of his radicalism he remained fervantly grounded in time. Perhaps not an exclusively revealing documentary, but certainly lovely in it's humbleness.
September 15, 2007
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness....
July 20, 2007
The man's poetry is amazing...a true beatnick. I have his greatest collection of works