The Life and Times of Allen Ginsberg Reviews

• May 04, 2015

Wonderful story about an American original by a fabulous documentarian.

Wonderful story about an American original by a fabulous documentarian.

• May 04, 2015

Very proud to have been a small part of this project. Great film!

Very proud to have been a small part of this project. Great film!

• Dec 23, 2012

Allen Ginsberg is one of the best poets I've ever read. His poetry actually introduced me to the Beats, something no advanced history textbook ever did. I love how candid and how raw his words were without losing that touch of sincerity and heart and soul. Upon hearing about this film, I searched everywhere to watch it. No stores had it, no other websites... (Thank Buddha for Flixster.) My first twenty times watching this, I sobbed from how beautiful it was. It's a magnificent film, and anyone who has doubts about getting into the Beat Generation should give this a try.

• Apr 30, 2011

Good overview of the mans life. Came into this movie knowing practically zilch about the guy and came away seeming to think he had a pretty large impact on society in the 20th century.....

• Oct 10, 2010

Awesome footage and interviews. Gives you a view of Allen's personal life and inspirations, as well as some footage of his political activism. Truly inspiring.

• Jun 16, 2010

Allen Ginsberg was one of the best minds of his generation, and the one that came after his...

John B Super Reviewer
    May 31, 2010

I'm not an expert on the Beat Generation which I think is a particular shame because I think I would have appreciated this document a heck of a lot more if I had exposed myself to the genre. Nonetheless it was fascinating.

• Jul 14, 2009

Good film to check out if you are interested in Beat literature or American literature in general. If you have Netflix you can watch this title instantly, which is nice.

• Apr 22, 2009

Rather conventional treatment of an unconventional figure. Interesting newsreel footage of some of the Beat Generations most important figures. But a very interesting biopic indeed with some good insight into the man and his character. Some viewers may find some of the ideas contained within disturbing...and a good thing too. I wish someone would do a biopic of the Fluxus movement.

• Feb 01, 2009

felt like they could have added more but whatever, it was good.

felt like they could have added more but whatever, it was good.