Little Women - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Women Reviews

October 21, 2014
One of my favorite movies to watch with my mom.
August 8, 2014
Fully capturing the essence of the book in which it is based on, I consider it full-on success.
July 3, 2014
Heart-warming and touching.
June 24, 2014
I saw it when I was 13 and hated it. I want to watch it now that I can appreciate it.
June 16, 2014
It's a tad boring but it's not bad.
April 19, 2014
An excellent movie about how sister relationships can change.
April 12, 2014
Aun no he leido el libro, pero esta version me gusta mucho...
½ March 18, 2014
Little Women combined the famous Louisa May Alcott's classics, Little Women and The Good Wives. I love their version of adaptation and Winona Ryder and Christian Bale make a most perfect duo that to this day, I still struggle to convince myself that Jo and Laurie are not together. Through the story of the March family, Little Women brings you tears, joy and everything you need to confront life.
February 6, 2014
Amazing version of the classic tale. Winona Ryder very much deserved that Oscar nomination although I think she should have won. Also great performances by Trini Alverado, Claire Danes, Susan Sarandon, Kirsten Dunst and of course Christian Bale
December 19, 2013
A lovely story. Not ever read the book so I can't compare, enjoyed watching the film. Funny seeing Kirsten Dunst and Christian Bale looking so young
December 15, 2013
I've only causally paid attention while watching it and I had seen it once before as a kid but I found it to be a fairly amusing, smart, and well acted film.
½ December 12, 2013
With their father away fighting in the Civil War, Joe, Meg, Beth and Amy grow up with their mother in somewhat reduced circumstances. They are a close family who inevitably have their squabbles and tragedies. But the bond holds even when, later, men friends start to become a part of the household.

stars Susan Sarandon, Winona Ryder, Trini Alvarado, Samantha Mathis, Kirsten Dunst, Claire Danes, Eric Stoltz and Christian Bale.

directed by Gillian Armstrong.
December 11, 2013
Let's skip over the Liz Taylor version from the 40s and state that this treatment of the tale is a good following of the tradition. Perhaps not as charming as the one in the 30s, it nonetheless features some good acting particularly by Gabriel Byrne as the old guy who ends up with one of the young 'uns.
November 28, 2013
I enjoyed how this movie was closer to the book then other films are
½ November 21, 2013
In my opinion this is a overrated movie and play!!
October 23, 2013
This is one of my favorite movies of all time!
½ August 19, 2013
I recently re-read this book and was expecting the normal letdown of watching the movie right afterwards. Color me surprised, I was completely wrong. This movie exceeded all expectations and then some.
½ July 19, 2013
It is like watching an episode of Road To Avonlea.

Incredibly enjoyable movie, though it became slightly arbitrary near the end. Especially Jo's marriage was goofed up. Either the movie omitted something that the book details, or I oughta have a word with Louisa, if I can, about the plotline.

It was a surprise to find young Christian Bale and kid Kirsten Dunst in it, and Dunst did actually beat my expectations. Amy's character breathed because of her, and it became obvious as she was replaced when Amy grew older. Bale, didn't :-)
July 3, 2013
I saw it a long time ago, but don't remember much about it.
June 4, 2013
Talented cast that make you really feel their pain.