Heavyweights (Heavy Weights) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heavyweights (Heavy Weights) Reviews

July 5, 2015
As a movie, it's a pretty sloppy movie. As a kids movie, it's perfectly enjoyable. I found myself enjoying this movie about a fat camp. It's not going to make kids dumb, it will just pass the time. The characters are entertaining, singling out Thompson, Stiller, and Hodges, but I wouldn't expect A+ acting. Overall, it's a fun movie, and definitely not terrible. 6.5/10
½ July 2, 2015
Classic and nostalgic for me. I think it's an enjoyable family flick.
May 25, 2015
Best part of this film, is Ben Stiller's role! he is hilarious!
April 30, 2015
A personal favorite. For all the chipmunks out there!
April 19, 2015
Alright, what's going on here, huh? Who's Seymor butts? C'mon, who's Seymor Butts? Who's Seymor Butts? Josh-No one see's more butts than you do uncle Tony. Priceless!
March 23, 2015
I enjoyed it, it wasn't great, but I enjoyed it.
February 23, 2015
There are certain movies you have to see at a young age, otherwise you won't like them. I watched my girlfriend's VHS copy of Heavyweights today for the first time, and I see why so many of my friends love it. It's a quirky, funny movie with a lot of great bits and performances. There are some slow parts, but it's not overly schmaltzy and most of the humor works.
It helps to have a bunch of hilarious people involved with the making of it. Judd Apatow wrote it, and Ben Stiller kills it as the lunatic camp instructor. Remember the skinny dork who dances, Tim? That's Paul Feig, the future director of the All-Lady Ghostbusters. Plus, it's directed by Marc Maron's life-long frenimy Steve Brill. 20 years later all these guys are all still working.
The best part is the message of this movie, about personal responsibility and positive reinforcement. Also, fat kids falling down and farting, that bit always works.
½ December 17, 2014
A childhood classic to me.
November 5, 2014
One of my absolute favorites
½ September 22, 2014
An absolute classic. Ben Stillers role is incredible
½ September 3, 2014
It ages like a fine-wine. "Attention campers. Lunch has been cancelled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it."
August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Childhood)
August 14, 2014
This is one of the funniest kids movies ever. It brings me back to when I was a kid. Ben stiller is so funny in this. Great supporting cast.
July 18, 2014
Fun kids movie.. Love Ben Stiller. An early version of White Goodman in Dodgeball
July 1, 2014
Entertaining, nostalgic fluff that legitimately holds up; even if only as something tolerable.
May 31, 2014
Despite having an unlikable script and plotline, Heavyweights is still watchable because of a crazy, wacky performance by Ben Stiller.
½ May 5, 2014
Surprisingly pretty dam funny.
April 22, 2014
This is a true classic. Quite possibly Ben Stiller's greatest role was as Tony Perkis! There are so many memorable quotes from this movie. See it!!!
April 22, 2014
April 20, 2014
For a Disney movie with some excessive language, it's really the fat child-actors that obese children who are at or were at fat camps can relate to that makes HEAVYWEIGHTS hilarious and entertaining, even though I don't care much about Ben Stiller!