Pocahontas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pocahontas Reviews

½ January 16, 2018
It's still good but not that good. It's no 'Beauty and the Beast' or "Lion King'. But it has its charm but there's something awkward about its story: evil white people had come to conquer peaceful Indian people. There's much more to it than just that.
January 13, 2018
"These white men are dangerous", sadly still true
January 7, 2018
The visual and songs make this movie a favorite even after all these years.
½ December 16, 2017
Historical liberties aside, Disney's first animated feature based on a real-life character has some wonderful animation, memorable songs, and an important message.
December 12, 2017
You're as likely to be entertained by Pocahontas as Christopher Columbus was in finding an actual Indian in America. Yes, the "Colors of the Wind" song and segment are beautiful and great. Otherwise, this is maybe the most boring of the Disney animated classics.
December 3, 2017
Can someone change the pictures? I feel like that's why the rating is off, because the sequel was kinda iffy. Besides that, Pocahontas is a Disney Classic, with beautiful animation based on real people, and introducing children to Native American culture (in some ways). I think it's a very well done film.
November 22, 2017
It's story has twisted all the events! It's not true, is it?
½ November 5, 2017
Not at all average of what really happened. Also the wind is COLORLESS !
½ November 2, 2017
This movie was fantastic. Often over hated. This movie delivers a beautiful spiritual message, manages to capture charm as well as emotional beauty, this movie well deserves better love than it deserves. People often over focus on the historical aspect and forget about the true intentions Disney had behind this movie. This movie is definitely worth a watch.
October 29, 2017
Beautiful animation serving a very historical inaccurate story.
October 26, 2017
a beautiful Disney animated film for Disney fans love her so much, I like this movie so much
September 17, 2017
Pocahontas is a very good film. The only reason why it doesn't get a higher rating here is because it's a wildly inaccurate, airbrushed account of the real "Pocahontas".
September 2, 2017
I think this movie means well... but the execution was way off.
August 13, 2017
I think this movie was Good disney movie thats worth seeing at least once but when you look up the real story try not to be to weirded out by the fact that pocahontas was around 10 when she met john smith ????
½ August 6, 2017
Woo woo, a movie about my 13th great-grandmother
½ August 3, 2017
Altough ''Colors of the Wind'' is for me one of the best songs in Disney History, with one of the strongest messages about humanity and their relation with nature, the rest felt a little short and boring. The animation is gorgeous but in the end is an ok movie.

|It's an 6,9 out of 10|
½ July 31, 2017
A by the books Disney princess adaptation, but it's still dazzling when it comes to presentation.
½ July 17, 2017
From this film, we learn it is important to abandon our families if it means we are going to be in a relationship. Also, John Smith is portrayed as a letch.
July 3, 2017
Pocahontas one of my favourite Disney film of all time and Pocahontas is my favourite Disney Princess of all time
½ June 27, 2017
While this film can be very exhausting at times, its consistent animation and memorable story makes this film a classic.