The Immortals - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Immortals Reviews

September 1, 2012
Americas dumbest criminals. The class of Roberts,the foul mouth of Pantoliano, the balls been defined by Forsythe or the luscious charlies of Carrere can save this piece of shit. It rips off elements of Reservoir Dogs, True Romance and Kubrick's masterpiece The Killing.
May 12, 2012
How did this bad script get the green light to be made into a movie? Very dated - even Chris Rock is not all the good as an actor in this stinker! Previous reviews said it best, don't waste your time watching this crap. I'm generous with two stars, it deserves one star.
November 26, 2010
September 4, 2010
I thought it was funny.
August 15, 2010
"B-Movie" gangster film that closely resembles Reservoir Dogs. A mid-level crime boss assembles a misfit team of 8 criminals to pull off a daring heist. But things don't go as planned when they are each forced to work with an unlikely partner. When it appears they are double-crossed and have no where to run they must ask themselves, "Hey, who wants to live forever?".
½ October 15, 2009
A little droll, I actually fell asleep at some point but I did get a few chuckles.
October 15, 2009
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 04.07.1997
May 3, 2009
The B-movie equivalent of Reservoir Dogs. Made in 1995, with an actual all-star cast. Some great actors in this one too. The plot is interesting. The film is violent. A total homage to Tarantino (or "rip-off" to all you anti-Tarantino fags out there) That's the thing though. I don't know what it is about this film that made me like it so much. It is simple action. I did, however enjoy the concept: A club owner (Eric Roberts) hires a pack of terminally ill former criminals to heist different drop spots owned by a crime boss (Tony Curtis), thus compromising a deal going on between the Italians and the Yakuza.

I, for one, found the Mexican standoff at the halfway mark a really good gunfight. No John Woo "people flying through the air" crap. It is reminiscent of Reservoir Dogs or True Romance (At the time of my discovery of this film, my two favorite movies). There is even some comedy thrown into the mix. The jobs all cast a network narrative for the first half, then they all come together in the nightclub where they fight to survive.

All in all it is a fun film. If you find this for cheap somewhere, it is actually worth it.
½ November 20, 2007
Another one of those movies where it has a very interesting plot idea that they don't quite pull off. It is curiously uninvolving, a lot of that has to do with the cast. They don't seem to work well together. It lacks direction and focus.
December 3, 2005
call me evil but I love movies where people get it in the end