To Die For Reviews

• 2d ago

Nicole Kidman shows her acting chops in this satirical tale of manipulation and murder. Brilliant in balancing ditzy with dangerous, Kidman shines as a woman willing to manipulate the puppy love affections of a teen to do her bidding. Shocking with some sly comedy mixed in, this shot at America's obsession with celebrity culture is well done.

• Jan 30, 2020

Cut together with jolting energy in the edit and brimming with intensely in-your-face performances, this skewering of the sociopathic drive for televised celebrity—fresh on the heels of the Tonya Harding case and setting the cinematic mold for the much later and slightly inferior telling of that story—is simply, like its title, to die for.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Oct 29, 2019

The cast in this so inhabit their characters that we feel as drawn to the inevitable conclusions as the characters themselves. It's astounding work by all involved. Exemplary writing and directing don't hurt either.

• Nov 01, 2018

Wow this film is absolute shit! I found the narrative, direction and specifically Nicole Kidman's performance completely repellent. Im not even going to go through any of the hows and whys because clearly I'm in the minority. My jaw was truely agasp when reviewing this films ratings. The critics really need to get their heads out of their asses and their tongues out of Nicole Kidman's, for once. I would recommend anyone and everyone to avoid this lazy, unfunny, boring, disturbing, cliché 90's piece of shit. Also consider that critics are not the be all and end all when it comes to understanding quality in cinema, because clearly they aren't being objective in this case.

• Jul 29, 2017

Movie about a femme fatal who first sleeps with and then coerces two teenage boys into murdering her husband. Story is too simple for its subject. Plenty of other movies that do a better job. Also, Nicole Kidman didn't convince me she was an evil woman, and I usually enjoy her performances.

• Feb 01, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Feb 01, 2017

One of the best satires to come out of the 90's, and probably Nicole Kidman's best performance ever.

• Dec 24, 2016

This film is Nicole Kidman's tour-de-force of her beauty and acting talent. She's seductive, evil, erotic and smart (to some degree at least) in the role of a wannabe superstar journalist. And she decisively smashes everything and everyone in her path.

• Dec 04, 2016

Nicole Kidman carries this black-comedy with her stunning performance, exploring the desire for fame on contemporary society.

• Nov 06, 2016

The movie is so fun, you lose track of already knowing the characters inevitable downfalls.